PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro Imptact . . .question

altawolfe
12-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Have you played with this? Can you briefly comment on power level and stringbed feel?

scarnley
12-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Played with it quite a bit. Nice, solid racquet you can weight up a bit and still have a good maneuverable bat to hit with. Mine weigh in at 11.9 oz, just added some lead under the grips. Made it a couple of points headlight more than stock.

At lower tensions you can get quite a bit of power out of this stick, but I keep mine fairly tight (65-68lbs) and the racquet has just a little more pop than my LM Prestige MP. Crisper feel with the tighter strings and the stiffer flex, and you can grab the ball pretty well with the fairly open pattern. Good mobility at net and volleys solid, also serves well.

A pretty underrated stick, IMO. Not as powerful as the specs indicate. Hits more like a 21-22mm constant beam player's racquet. The 102si head isn't near as powerful as the racquets from Head and Volkl in the same size range.

Also, mine measure 27.1 inches in length. I think Fischer claims 27.4, but it's not even close. They must count the butt cap protrusion, which is useless to anyone swinging a racquet.

alfa164164
12-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Great stick for serving and volleying, very manueverable. Nice firm feel.
IMO it is a little too light for heavy baseline play unless you add some lead.

alfa164164
12-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Power level is lower than a Pure Drive, but slightly higher than a "player's" racket.

altawolfe
12-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Played with it quite a bit. Nice, solid racquet you can weight up a bit and still have a good maneuverable bat to hit with. Mine weigh in at 11.9 oz, just added some lead under the grips. Made it a couple of points headlight more than stock.

At lower tensions you can get quite a bit of power out of this stick, but I keep mine fairly tight (65-68lbs) and the racquet has just a little more pop than my LM Prestige MP. Crisper feel with the tighter strings and the stiffer flex, and you can grab the ball pretty well with the fairly open pattern. Good mobility at net and volleys solid, also serves well.

A pretty underrated stick, IMO. Not as powerful as the specs indicate. Hits more like a 21-22mm constant beam player's racquet. The 102si head isn't near as powerful as the racquets from Head and Volkl in the same size range.

Also, mine measure 27.1 inches in length. I think Fischer claims 27.4, but it's not even close. They must count the butt cap protrusion, which is useless to anyone swinging a racquet.

At this tension, did the stringbed still feel pretty comfortable -- or are there significant dead spots...

scarnley
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
I string my own, so I tend to screw around quite a bit before I settle on a tension. Settled on the high end with this racquet to tame the power a bit and keep the strings from moving around. Feels fine to me, but I prefer firm over soft in a stringbed. This racquet has a fairly large sweetspot even at the higher tensions. Didn't notice any dead spots.