PDA

View Full Version : N/K 6.1 Tour: Hard to handle ?

dieumyr
03-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Hi folks,

I'm currently playing with a FXP Fire and I have chosen this raquet because when I bought it, I didn't really have a specific style of play and it was a very polyvalent frame.

However, I'm now a S&V and with spinny groundies and I'm searchinf for the best frame. I was thinking about a Prestige but the 18X20 pattern can be a problem. Moreover, I think that the 6.1 tour can be my Holy grail but the weight scares me.

So I'm wondering if I will be able to handle it, especially in 3rd set...But I use to play with a M-fill 200 and feel no problem about the weight, but on my backstroke when the ball came very fast !

What do you think ?.

Eros
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi folks,

I'm currently playing with a FXP Fire and I have chosen this raquet because when I bought it, I didn't really have a specific style of play and it was a very polyvalent frame.

However, I'm now a S&V and with spinny groundies and I'm searchinf for the best frame. I was thinking about a Prestige but the 18X20 pattern can be a problem. Moreover, I think that the 6.1 tour can be my Holy grail but the weight scares me.

So I'm wondering if I will be able to handle it, especially in 3rd set...But I use to play with a M-fill 200 and feel no problem about the weight, but on my backstroke when the ball came very fast !

What do you think ?.

People should use a frame as heavy as they can.
However I play with head radical and it's a good frame for s&v, 'cause it's controlled oriented and not too heavy. Imho also wilson six.one team is very good. I'm waiting for a test wiyk the new kblade, I had a demo with a ncode version and it's very similar to radical.
Bye

caesar66
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
what made you change from the mfil to the fxp fire? did you have spin problems with the 18x20 bed of the mfil? big jump from a fire to a k6.1 tour; i'd maybe demo some racquets in the middle of that range (ntour/ktour, kteam, kpro, even the kblade 98 if you are set on wilson)