PDA

View Full Version : TT Bandit OS, what to expect?

haerdalis
03-08-2008, 03:49 AM
I just bought a couple of Bandit OS from TW because I have wanted to try them for a while. Anyone still using these sticks? I was intrigued because it seems a lot of "better" players enjoy these sticks.

haerdalis
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Well it seems no one is still using this stick which is weird because for its weight and price it sure has a nice stable feel to it. Good control too.

hyogen
03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
i had this racquet before like 5 years ago... gave it away to somebody. It's definitely a tweener racquet imo..

netman
03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
One of the best OS frames released in the last few years. Key is to add weight until it is around 11.5 oz. I put a lot of weight inside the handle and balanced this with lead tape at 3, 9 and 12. Great control, serious power and very comfortable. Wicked spin.

Had one downside. Ate strings. I was lucky to get 3-4 hours out of a string job using syn guts. Never tried polys but might make sense to extend string life.

-k-

haerdalis
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah will try some added weight and different strings once I break the pre-strung strings which shouldnt take long.
I had much better control than I expected. I think I might buy a couple of 95's aswell to see how they play.

steebo
03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I used one for 3-4 yrs. I got the same results as netman, restrung so often that after a couple of years, the grommets pulled through on both racquets, then bought a couple more, then one of them also broke. I hit with one last night, that a kid was using next to us. I had forgotten what a huge sweetspot, and spin ability it had. I never thought of adding weight, but would love to try it out.

netman
03-13-2008, 05:56 AM
I used one for 3-4 yrs. I got the same results as netman, restrung so often that after a couple of years, the grommets pulled through on both racquets, then bought a couple more, then one of them also broke. I hit with one last night, that a kid was using next to us. I had forgotten what a huge sweetspot, and spin ability it had. I never thought of adding weight, but would love to try it out.

Had the same thing happen to the grommets right above the throat. Chewed right through the frame and merged with the ones above them.

netman
03-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Yeah will try some added weight and different strings once I break the pre-strung strings which shouldnt take long.
I had much better control than I expected. I think I might buy a couple of 95's aswell to see how they play.

I found the 95 to be an entirely different racquet. Small sweetspot and very unstable. Now I did not weight it up so that may have been part of the problem.

haerdalis
03-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Ok, too bad because if it had the stability of the OS it would be a great platform for customization.
Anyway. I broke the strings today so now I'll start testing a bit. First a poly string and an overgrip and some lead in the hoop to bring the sw up a little bit. Mine had a sw of 318 to begin with.
Will try it tonight.

Ljubicic for number1
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
My first frame and I still carry 2 in my bag. Awesome stick for players of all levels. Nothing can produce spin like these things "nothing including babolats" Slice serve is its biggest weapon.

Plays really well with full poly set ups, cyberflash, blue gear, tcs etc etc.

When using blue gear you should erect a sign on the court fence "caution caution massive spin inside"

thanu
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
I just bought one today.... did you get it strung with poly? How do you like it?

Thanu

netman
03-29-2008, 06:08 PM
My first frame and I still carry 2 in my bag. Awesome stick for players of all levels. Nothing can produce spin like these things "nothing including babolats" Slice serve is its biggest weapon.

Plays really well with full poly set ups, cyberflash, blue gear, tcs etc etc.

When using blue gear you should erect a sign on the court fence "caution caution massive spin inside"

So true. I was getting massive topspin with a full Gosen SM 17 string job. I need to get me another one of these and try it with a Topspin CyberPower mains, CyberFlash crosses hybrid. I may be carving fuzz off the ball and taking divots out of the court with this setup. :)

-k-

Ljubicic for number1
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Any of you guys still using these awesome sticks? I currently play with a o3 white as my main stick but still play the bandit from time to time, still amazes me how good it is, just a little too much power, I am thinking of trying poly mains with a kevlar cross to tame the power and see how that goes.

haerdalis
04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
It is a good racquet. I think at that price it is one of the better buys in tennis. I could play with it but I feel comfortable with a lower powered racquet.
Great spin!