PDA

View Full Version : cheaper feel strings

chiru
03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi guys. I've been searching around the threads looking for stuff along these lines. but just to annoy you guys ONE MORE TIME, i was hoping to get some feedback on the various sub $10 strings emphasizing feel. I dont think im the market for a tournament nylon (ick) or a syn gut (not really my style) but something that plays more like a multi, but for whatever reason is sub $10. what i request is impressions about these various strings, why they're not the same price as a premium multi, and if you recommend it for me.

I'll start with the one I've use:
e-matrix: good crisp string, good feel, feels like it plays a bit like wilson NXT, but really poor durability, as in breaks in about 3 days of hitting for couple hours. probably the cause of the lower price tag.

etc..
oh also i couldn't find hardly any info about babolat's fibertour or wilson's reaction. so if anybody knows about those in particular i appreciate it.

nickb
03-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Head Fibergel Power- soft
Prince Syn Gut Multifilament- crisp
Yonex Tour Super 850/Pro -spin

You also might want to try Head RIP Control...its durable but will lack some feel compared to the strings above...

Nick

chiru
03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
hmm...thinking about prince syn gut...don't really know if i want a soft feeling string. maybe i'm mistaken, but it always makes me think its gonna be kinda mushy, probably not as bad as sensation, but still mushy. but i do love dwell time. i think ball pocketing is something i mis a lot from my days of nat gut (can't justify it since im just playing for fun now...)

Richie Rich
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
babolat fibretour plays like a crisp syn gut while wilson reaction is a firm, crisp multi. i like them both. if price is a factor, you can't go wrong with wilson reaction. good playbility, good feel without a mushy stringbed, and holds tension well too.

chiru
03-08-2008, 07:13 PM
babolat fibretour plays like a crisp syn gut while wilson reaction is a firm, crisp multi. i like them both. if price is a factor, you can't go wrong with wilson reaction. good playbility, good feel without a mushy stringbed, and holds tension well too.

hmm. fibretour like a syn gut? thats wierd, because the TW reveiw said it played like a decent multi. i donno, i'm thinking of going with reaction just to try it out, can't really go wrong imo...

Valjean
03-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Fibertour has been around a long time, plays very well; good power and comfort, good durability, as I remember it--though I wouldn't call it crisp too. It is, however, only available in 16 gauge, if that's of any concern.

Another solid Babolat multi that has come in 17 gauge anyhow is Syntronic Brio.

I would also include Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament with its somewhat firmer feel, albeit considerably short of Reaction's.

rorourboat320
03-08-2008, 08:27 PM
i've played with wilson reactions and the feel with those strings are great. i'm not a string breaker so they lasted me a while but currently i switched to big ace/syn gut titans and they feel amazing!