PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Flash vs Cyber Power...

jaykay
03-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Can anybody provide a comparo between the two? I have played with Cyberflash 1.25 (hybrid in the crosses with nat gut in the mains) and I really liked it (as compared to SPPP 1.18 in the crosses). Can somebody provide their impressions of Cyber Power (in comparison to Cyber Flash)?

I am looking for the usual criteria in a string: feel/touch/playability, high tension retention and comfort. Durability is not high in my eval criteria since I'm not a string breaker.

I don't have time to try it out (I'm relocating) and am looking to stock up on my tennis stuff (i.e. buy a reel or two) before I head out; hence this query.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

cheers,
jaykay.

nickb
03-08-2008, 02:12 PM
My opinion..

Power: CyberPower
Control: Cyberflash
Spin: Cyberflash
Feel: CyberPower
Comfort: CyberPower
Tension Retention: Tie
Durability: Cyberflash
Arm safety: CyberPower

Baseline: Cyberflash
Net play: CyberPower

Overall playability: CyberPower

CyberFlash is more like Luxilon ALU Power (on the stiffer side), CyberPower plays like a tightly strung synthetic gut and is very comfortable.

Nick

jaykay
03-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks Nickb.

Ljubicic for number1
03-08-2008, 11:43 PM
My Opinion,

Power, Cyberpower has more "which I dislike"
Control, Cyberflash by a long way
Spin, Cyberflash by a long way again
Feel, Cyberflash crisp and firm, cyber power spongy and trampoline like.
Comfort, Cyberpower by a long way.
Tension, Similar.
Durability, Dont know as I have always cut the cyberpower out quick quickly, as I like it about as much as big ace. "not much"
Arm safety, Cyberpower.

Baseline, Cyberflash
Net play, Cyberflash

Overall, Cyberflash and power have very little in common, Don't think many people would like both.

Poly polar is a softer poly that does everything better than cyberpower except the tension maintinance.

nickb
03-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Sounds like you strung CyberPower too low...I string Cyberflash at 55 but could go up to 62 with CyberPower.

Nick

Ljubicic for number1
03-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Have strung cyber power as high as 67lbs in a o3 white.

PROTENNIS63
03-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Nick: I would agree with your comparisons.

Ljubicic for number1
03-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Nick: I would agree with your comparisons.

Nicks and mine views are quiet similar actually, its only really the personal feel departments that we differ on. Sorry if my personal preferences are not main stream:) But I wouldnt want the original poster (a cyberflash fan) to go out and buy a couple of reels of cyberpower and find they are completely different strings with very little in common.

He needs to try a set before buying reels.

Kevo
03-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I really like the two of them in hybrid.

I pretty much agree with Nick, but I can see Ljubicic is coming from. I get similar results from each string, but I do adjust a bit when switching. It's mostly automatic. I notice the difference immediately on switching, but after a few minutes I don't really notice it much.

It will probably make more or less of a difference depending on what frame you're swinging as well.

PROTENNIS63
03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Nicks and mine views are quiet similar actually, its only really the personal feel departments that we differ on. Sorry if my personal preferences are not main stream:) But I wouldnt want the original poster (a cyberflash fan) to go out and buy a couple of reels of cyberpower and find they are completely different strings with very little in common.

He needs to try a set before buying reels.

Yes, I noticed you said almost the same as Nick. But you seem to like something more crisp while Nick preffered the soft feeling of Cyber Power.

jaykay
03-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks Ljubicic/kevo/protennis.

I don't have the luxury of time to experiment with a set of Cyber Power since I am relocating and I'm looking to stock up on tennis stuff. I did like Cyber Flash but was intrigued by the positive opinions on Cyber Power. I am an all-court player (have the capabilities to slug it out from the baseline but come up the net at opportune moments to finish points); so feel/touch is indeed important.

For your reference, I (currently) wield a pair of RDX500 MP's (currently strung with VS Gut 17 in the mains at 56lbs and Cyber Flash 1.25 in the crosses at 52lbs).

I think Ljubicic and nickb mostly agree and the personal preferences are the ones that are differing. Only diff is that nickb says that Cyber Power is better for volley play while Ljubicic says otherwise.

I think I might stay put with the Cyber Flash 1.25, unless somebody comes up with a compelling reason otherwise.

Thanks again to all for sharing your opinions.

Ljubicic for number1
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Its worth grabbing a set of power next time you order incase you love the stuff, I just prefer a stiffer crisper string, at net and baseline.

jaykay
03-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Its worth grabbing a set of power next time you order incase you love the stuff, I just prefer a stiffer crisper string, at net and baseline.

I'll probbly do just that. Thanks.

netman
03-11-2008, 11:48 AM
CyberPower mains and CyberFlash crosses. Much better than 100% of either. This mix tempers the stiffness of the CF a bit while dampening down the power of the CP. Very comfortable and decent feel.

-k-

Kcraig
03-11-2008, 12:32 PM
CyberPower mains and CyberFlash crosses. Much better than 100% of either. This mix tempers the stiffness of the CF a bit while dampening down the power of the CP. Very comfortable and decent feel.

-k-

what tensions are you using in each? This setup has always interested me:confused:

Techniques
03-13-2008, 12:57 AM
I tried CyberPower 1.20 and it felt absolutely awwsome. The spin you could get was amazing, feel, power and control as well. I want to try the 17 gauge version though as I will probably be hybriding it. THe only downside about CyberPOwer 1.20 was that the playability didn't really last overly long which I guess happens to Poly's a lot. Haven't tried CyberFlash yet.

netman
03-13-2008, 05:53 AM
what tensions are you using in each? This setup has always interested me:confused:

I play the Yonex RDS 001 MP. Mains are strung at 55, the crosses at 52 per Yonex's instructions to drop crosses 5% on their Isometric heads.

-k-

charaseac
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I searched and found this thread lool..

Does that means that since the area that CP win by relatively big margin is its comfort. and CF wins for its spin capability

What about putting CF as hybrid with synthetic gut to make it softer?

Does this make the CF a bit softer but still having its spin capability?

Im thinking to buy couple reels of synthetic gut. The pro supex Spiral and the Forthen Sweet. For the poly im still in between CF or CP (Leans more to CF though)

charaseac
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
lol ended up ordering half reel of CP and half reel of CF. I'll try netman's hybrid and see how well this thing will turns out.

I'll talk about this later on when i try the string already ^^

BigT
04-27-2008, 09:59 PM

-k-

what about CF mains and CP crosses? That would seem the more logical combo.....anyone try it?

charaseac
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
what about CF mains and CP crosses? That would seem the more logical combo.....anyone try it?

yeah, about to ask that too.. Well maybe both works with some differences. I will try both soon when i get my reels