PDA

View Full Version : pro hurricane or pro hurricane tour?

tennisguy94
03-08-2008, 04:07 PM
babolat pro hurricane or hurricane tour?

themitchmann
03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm a fan of PHT 17. Good spin, but a little stiff. I use it in a hybrid application with a softer cross.

ledor
03-08-2008, 06:16 PM
tour will give you more spin. I pick tour.

notujoo
03-08-2008, 10:58 PM
you cant really tell the diff. trust me!

nickb
03-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Tour is a real improvement over the original hurricane..

Nick

Double Fault
03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Tour. 17g.

steve d
03-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't use either, but I string for a local kid who has used both many times. He uses a hybrid with PH or PHT and Super Fine Play. I have strung up the Pro Hurricane job for him about 45 times and the Pro Hurricane job about 25 times.

He prefers the Pro Hurricane Tour. He seems to feel that it gives him a little bit more spin. He already had a massive topspin game that got him to the state HS tournament.

His dad had me do a Kirschbaum Super Smash job without telling the son. The dad wanted to find out if the son could really tell the difference in strings. And the Kirschbaum is yellow like the PHT so it wasn't noticeable to look at. The son hated the Kirschbaum immediately and wondered what I had done wrong with the string job.

fluffy Beaver
03-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't use either, but I string for a local kid who has used both many times. He uses a hybrid with PH or PHT and Super Fine Play. I have strung up the Pro Hurricane job for him about 45 times and the Pro Hurricane job about 25 times.

He prefers the Pro Hurricane Tour. He seems to feel that it gives him a little bit more spin. He already had a massive topspin game that got him to the state HS tournament.

His dad had me do a Kirschbaum Super Smash job without telling the son. The dad wanted to find out if the son could really tell the difference in strings. And the Kirschbaum is yellow like the PHT so it wasn't noticeable to look at. The son hated the Kirschbaum immediately and wondered what I had done wrong with the string job.

He really couldn't tell between the 2 by looks? PHT is a creamy non see through yellow while kirsch is an optic yellow that shines in the light.

Fedace
03-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Tour is a real improvement over the original hurricane..

Nick

why does pro hurr tour go dead after only 4-6 hours of play ?? also in hot summer weather, it goes dead after only about 2 hours of play.:evil:

steve d
03-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I think he did say something, but his dad fed him a line about it being a different batch or there was a slight color change. The kid didn't care what it looked like, just how it played.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
03-09-2008, 06:50 PM
the tour has a nicer and almost softer feel and is great for power players. i do not think that the hexaganol shape gives the ball increased spin but it is more like a mental factor.

definetly tour

themitchmann
03-09-2008, 06:56 PM
the tour has a nicer and almost softer feel and is great for power players. i do not think that the hexaganol shape gives the ball increased spin but it is more like a mental factor.

definetly tour

I don't think it's mental...I'm a teaching pro and have been experimenting with strings lately. My swing doesn't change with new strings, and I know what to expect out of my equipment. I don't know if the easier access to more spin is a direct result of the string's profile shape or stiffness, but the Tour is definitely more spin friendly.