PDA

View Full Version : 27.5 inch on one handed backhand

cnowak1
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Is there a huge difference for the one hander if you go to a 27.5 inch racket? Opinions...........However, I assume its better for serve, forehand, etc so there is a tradeoff. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

SFrazeur
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
A player will be able to adjust in time, it is just a matter if the player wishes to adjust. Longer racquets generally give a player better leverage potential with some maneuverability sacrificed. I hit with a one hander, and I find its the best with extended racquets. However, I started out with extended racquets and a one hander, so I am used to it.

-SF

goober
03-08-2008, 09:18 PM
In general the SW will be higher and you potentially could be more prone to tennis elbow with XL, but not really a huge difference for me. I went from regular to 27.5 in racquets and noticed the length a lot more on some racquets than others. But I got use to it after a short adjustment period.

sandflea
03-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I've got a one hander and play with a 27.5 inch racket and have no problems, in fact my backhand hits alot harder than my big forehand. I agree with goober though, the extra length could make you more prone to tennis elbow. I had a tecnifibre tfeel 305 that really did a number on my elbow, even though I loved the darn thing. I have since gone to a flexier and more damp frame.

Jack & Coke
03-08-2008, 10:36 PM
27.5 + 1HBH here..

I take advantage of the extra 1/2 inch primarily on serves.

For all other strokes, I'm holding the racquet pretty close to the normal 27"-27.25" position.

Automatix
03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
You can get used to almost anything... I play a 1hbh and my main racquets are 27,75 inches long...