PDA

View Full Version : Pro X-1 vs. MGPP

Richard Pur
03-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I've been toying around with the Pro X1 for a couple of years and am close to realizing that this racquet may be best I can play with in terms of the newer type racquets. The RDS 002 came really close but the SW was too high for me.

I haven't tried the MGPP yet, but the specs are real close to the Pro X1. I am hoping the MGPP may be a little softer and more forgiving than the Pro X1.

Can anyone out there compare these two? Size of sweetspot, ability to handle a heavy ball, volleying capabilities,etc.

Appreciate any help.

Rich

Richard Pur
03-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Anyone out there? Breakpoint? Louis Netman?

theone
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I remember I think it was you saying if the Pro x-1 came in a 98" you'd be done lol.

Richard Pur
03-11-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't know if I said that, but I might have said something about the stiffness or sweetspot. I try to "make" the sweetspot a little more managable with a little lead and looser strings.

louis netman
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I remember I think it was you saying if the Pro x-1 came in a 98" you'd be done lol.

Thanx for remembering, but it was me who said that and Slaz hasn't produced anything to that effect since. The X-1 is just great when you're playing alot and "on" most of the time. If that 98 or 100" ever comes out, I'm all over it!

In my current state, with that mothball sized sweetspot (nbmj 2004), I just can't do it no more... "I don't do it no more (Waylon Jennings)"...

"do it" - getting in the ZONE