PDA

View Full Version : pure storm vs other bab offerings

RoddickistheMan
03-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I am going to demo a pure storm soon. Right now I play with a pure drive plus strung with poly. The power I get form it is amazing. However I heard that the pure storm has less power than the pure drive, However I was wondering if I strung the pure storm with a low tension with a soft string like multi would the power level be similar if not equal. Let a ninja know.

PED
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
In my experience, no. I've got a pure storm tour and a PDR and the power levels are totally different-even using lower tensions in the PST.

vsdtrek
03-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I would agree with PED. I had a Storm last year with multi and one with poly. I did try someone's PD for a brief hit and that had way more juice. The Storm was a decent frame, it just depends upon how much pop you want.

RoddickistheMan
03-09-2008, 02:35 PM
i would say that someimtes I hit the ball very shallow during rallies which gets me in trouble. However when I set up I find that I can hit the ball pretty freaking hard sometimes too hard. I thought the pure storm would be great because its light so it would be good for defensive play and ity also has good control so it would be good for hitting some hard groundies. In other words would this racquet be good for baseline bashing or would hte pure drive plus be the best option.

ledor
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
pure drive plus is more baseline oriented, while the pure storm is all court oriented. Nothing that adding weights, lowering tension won't help the power to become a baseline basher for the pure storm. Pure drive is just stock power.