PDA

View Full Version : Got to hit with the Dunlop AeroGel 200!

In)SpiRe
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I am definitely satisfied, and I'm making the switch, it's as simple as that.

Note: This was off a demo at a pro shop. It was strung with a synthetic gut [one that I didn't like], and even with the horrible strings I still loved the demo. This review will be based off the demo specs and strings. I know if it had better strings, I would've had a better in-depth review.

Groundstrokes: were amazing, good plow through, spin was easily produced [when i wanted], control was pinpoint.
Volleys: were great even though the strings had no pop. Put-aways were still pretty easy, and touch/feel/drop shots at net were easy as well.
Serves/Overheads: were strong and controllable. Flat serves were especially good with this racquet, and kicks were nice as well. Overheads were easily put away.
Slices: were better than I expected. They stayed low and bit decently [again I think it would've done better with better strings].

Others: Maneuverability wasn't a problem even though it is a 12 oz racquet, and because it is 12 oz. stability was good as well, no problem with the racquet spinning in my hand.

don_nguyen11490
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I agree. Its definitely a great racket. Right now I'm considering whether or not to string my Prostaff 85 or the AG200....

Max Winther
03-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Glad to see you took a new look at your racquet choice and made a switch. The AG200 is really great with some added weight. I've got both of mine with about 10 grams in the handle and another 10-15 at 3 and 9. The plow through is amazing and you still retain a lot of maneuverability. So if you do end up buying one, I would advise experimenting with lead. Mine played great even before adding lead, but now they are even better. I'm gonna install leather grips on each of them also, once I save up.

SteveW
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
In)SpiRe, what are stick are you switching from? I've just picked up a couple of AG200's after a short demo. I started with the MW200, MFil200 and now the AG200. I think the AG feels very similar to the MW and it's a very solid feel that I like. I usually add 4 grams of lead to the head of the previous 200's, but will try the AG stock and then add weight after.

In)SpiRe
03-10-2008, 04:56 AM
In)SpiRe, what are stick are you switching from? I've just picked up a couple of AG200's after a short demo. I started with the MW200, MFil200 and now the AG200. I think the AG feels very similar to the MW and it's a very solid feel that I like. I usually add 4 grams of lead to the head of the previous 200's, but will try the AG stock and then add weight after.

Switching from a Babolat Pure Storm Tour. I felt like it was much more solid and had much control than the PST which is why I'm making the switch. The PST was just to flexible, and I didn't like it.

RomanStA
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I really want to hit with one now! You guys should be salesmen!

nickb
03-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Switching from a Babolat Pure Storm Tour. I felt like it was much more solid and had much control than the PST which is why I'm making the switch. The PST was just to flexible, and I didn't like it.

To me the AG200 feels more flexy than the PST...

Nick

Automatix
03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
To me the AG200 feels more flexy than the PST...

Nick

You're not the only one who feels that way... actually I checked TW and it states that AG200 is flexier than the PST (61 to 63...)!!!

In)SpiRe
03-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I guess this just shows that the racquet is all on preference.

hyogen
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
i like both racquets, but I love the PST and have FINALLY MADE A DECISION on racquet! :D

No more demo'ing for me. i feel bad to my local pro shop....when I have the funds I'm gonna buy a new PST from them even though I just got 2 used ones for really cheap.

In)SpiRe
03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
i like both racquets, but I love the PST and have FINALLY MADE A DECISION on racquet! :D

No more demo'ing for me. i feel bad to my local pro shop....when I have the funds I'm gonna buy a new PST from them even though I just got 2 used ones for really cheap.

Thats good you found your racquet, even though its the exact opposite of what I like :P. Hope you/your enjoying/enjoying them[the PST's].