PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Racquets - Need Complete Specs

Match-Point
12-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Does anyone have available or know where I can get complete specs for the T-Flight, T-Flash and T-Feel line of Tecnifibre racquets?

Specifically I am looking for swingweight and flex.

M-P

Power Game
12-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Those specs aren't on the TF webpage, but they do have relative flexes... email me, and I can give you the email of someone who can help you out...sallay@gmail.com

Match-Point
12-30-2004, 05:08 AM
Power Game,
Sent you an email. Thanks for the help.
Michael

uk_skippy
12-30-2004, 11:27 AM
M-P

I'm sure that PG can help you. I also have all the specs if you're short on anything.

Paul

Match-Point
12-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Paul Z. from Tecnifibre USA emailed me the specs for the 6 models that will be released in the USA in February. Four of the six models will be 27.4 - 27.5 inches in length.

Can anyone email me the swingweights and flex ratings (RA) for the 13 European models? matchpointstringers@nc.rr.com

M-P

TommyGun
01-03-2005, 05:08 AM
http://www.major-sports.fr/default.asp

Major and Tech are one and the same. Discontinuing Major brand frames, relaunching with Technifibre.

Interesting that you said they are launching in Feb, because until now it was my understanding that they were not going to launch here until 2006.

Match-Point
01-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Confirmed that the 6 US models will be released in mid February but like all product releases could be late (March). The US distributor will be a distributor in PA.

Tecnifibre has been seeding some college and junior players with these frames to create awareness and market interest.

Match-Point

Jeff Nuese
01-05-2005, 04:56 AM
I had a bad experience, with these new Tecnifibre rackets.I was able to purchase several T'feel 305 frames from the Canadian rep Adrian via internet this past summer, after several weeks ,I needed to purchase a few more rackets for tournament play. Adrian promised to order several more rackets , then never responded to my email's. I contacted Tecnifibre France directly, and was able to contact Paul, the US distributor. He sent me a player/teaching pro application and mentioned that they were low on certain grip sizes. I was prepared to fax him the application, and he too never responded to my inquiries.What gives with these people?Great looking stick, but very shaky management.

Match-Point
01-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Jeff,
Sorry about your bad Tecnifibre experiences. I can't speak about the Canadian rep Adrian, but I have had superb service from Paul R. Zalatoris (USA) and Christophe CD. DAMIENS (France). I heard the racquets were selling very well in Europe and that they were out of stock on some of the models. Give Paul another try. I have found him to be very responsive to my inquiries.
Michael
aka Match-Point

Jeff Nuese
01-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the response, Michael. I may seem bitter about the whole experience with Tecnifibre, but I feel as if I have just cause.At one point after I received my rackets from Adrian the Canadian distributor, Paul Z. gave me a phone call.I had assumed that he was ready to order more rackets for me, but in hindsight I believe he was more interested in where I had purchased my original order, perhaps to regulate US sales, than to help me order more sticks. Because I cant seem to order more rackets ,I am stuck trying to sell these basically brand new tfeel's, and nobody seems to want them. Ive had them advertised for sale on the message boards for what seems like an eternity. I know I will lose money on the deal, so yeah, Im bitter. I wrote Paul several time, going as far as wasting my own time giving the tfeel a personal review, no response. You say that he's quick to respond, he sure hasnt shown me any indication of it.

johnathan smith
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Jeff, I had the same experiance with them. If anyone remembers i had 5 t-fight 325's on tw about 2 months ago. I sold mine pretty quickly, but listen to my story (very familiar) In June I emailed Adrian Webb (tf canada) about the new TF racquets he ordered 5 of them for me from Paris, and after about 2 months I finally got my frames. I kept in contact with him and wanted a couple more frames, he said he had placed the order and over a period of another 5 weeks said that the frames GOT lOST IN THE MAIL" and he would order again. Finally he quit returning my emails all together.
I then contacted paul zalatoris from tf usa and he was very helpful at first. He said he could get me a couple more frames, but when i went to place the order 2 weeks later he said he would not be able to get anymore frames and to please stop emailing about them. I promptly sold all of my Tf frames. Those are some weird folks and the frames are not anything to write home about either. I expect them to flop terribly here in the US.

Jeff Nuese
01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Go Jonathan!!You have no idea how good your feedback made me feel!Glad to see Im not alone with this crazy experience!! You made my day!!

johnathan smith
01-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey Jeff,
I feel kind of bad about blasting off on the guys from TF, but they really do deserve it. I thought mine was an isolated incident, but after hearing that they treated a couple other people the same way, i felt justified. Both of those guys (the US Paul and Canada Adrian reps) are shady at best. Maybe they just got a little ahead of themselves, but how can you get frames in June, and then be told your other frames are on the way for a month, and then be told promptly in an email that frames will not be available untill '05 and to Please stop emailing about the frames we promised you???? Wouldn't it have been easier to just say "Thanks for your interest in our frames, but I made a little mistake and will not be able to get anymore frames to you untill they are ready to launch in '05. I apologize for the Inconven. and will contact you when they are available. What would have been wrong with that?
The frames are O.k., they are not bad at all, but they better not be a cent over 120.00 brand new or they won't make it. I just don't see how they would be able to hang in the new players market at 180.00 a frame (head/wilson volkl etc.)
Experiment with the TF frames and have fun, but just take caution when dealing with the Tf reps (us and canada)

Jeff Nuese
01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Exactly! When I placed and was promised more frames from Adrian[Canada}, it could have been SOOO easy to write back,[eventually] and say that, 'sorry, cant get them right now, we are backordered, anything is much better than being ignored and wondering , 'are they coming in?', 'whats the holdup?"in the meantime ,Im getting used to the racket and only have one backup? Crazy!!Just plain rude is what it is and we have every right to say it.and also have the duty{Im getting patriotic!} to warn other's about it..{more on this at a later date}.And your'e also right, it aint that great of a stick..ncode 18x20 has nothing to worry about.AnywayJonathan, stay in touch!!
Jeff

spinbalz
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Why don't you buy from European online shops? Sure that it would work better!

Match-Point
01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Jeff and Jonathan,
Sorry about your negative experiences with Tecnifibre. I can only say my experiences have been positive. The soon-to-be USA distributor for the new Tecnifibre racquets is a very quality organization and I hope some of these issues will be resolved. In the meantime, as a loyal customer, I do look forward to hearing Tecnifibres response to this matter.
M-P

Match-Point
01-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Spinbalz,
I checked into buying a few Tecnifibre racquets from a European pro shop but the exchange rate is so poor that it doesnt make sense to buy right now unless you must have one now. Not to mention the high cost to ship a racquet from Europe.
M-P

johnathan smith
01-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm not saying that TF is evil or anything. All I am saying is that I would be a little leary of those 2 reps. Either me and Jeff's exact stories are blatant lies, or these guys are (a) very un-organized or (b) with-holding racquet sales from the company, which would make no sense at all???

Power Game
01-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised reading these comments. I had a better than excellent experience with the US TF guys for racquets and strings. Can't understand why this could be happening.

tschevap
01-06-2005, 03:07 AM
I do not think, that Tecnifibre will flop in the US. The frames are very well made. The product-range is well prepaired: there are frames for the competitive (325, 315), the junior-tournamentplayer (295, 305) and lots of rackets for the recreational-players.
I have two 325 and tested lots of the Tecnifibres as did some fellows! All of us were quite surprised by the high quality and the playing characteristics.
Everyone found a frame for himself. I took the 325, which is a mix of the 200G HM and the Prestige Classic with some elements of the Pure Control. Great racket and quite interesting for all racket-enthusiasts.

I am looking forward to the release date in Northamerica to see, how you all like those frames...

uk_skippy
01-06-2005, 04:00 AM
Shame to hear about Jeff/Jonathan's problems with the N.American reps. I deal with the reps here in the UK and they are very friendly and approachable. Emails are always returned promptly and in full.
I'm looking forward to doing more business this year with them.

If you're interested in the TF rqts, I'd suggest that you be a bit patient and wait for the official release.

Jeff Nuese
01-06-2005, 05:12 AM
I am going to make one more final comment on the subject , and then put it to rest.When Babolat was ready to launch rackets here in the USA several years back,Tom Russ, the US distributor for Babolat was wonderful at responding to 'die hard' racket folks,like Jonathan and myself .He always had the time to place an order, no matter how great or small,and I believe had much to do with Babolat's overall success.Same can be said of Sam Cook up at Volkl.These guys were pioneers , great communicators, and had much to do with the success of the product.Ive said my peace about Tecnifibre, they can learn much from guys like Sam and Tom.

Match-Point
01-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Jeff,
Give Tecnifibre a chance to respond either directly or in this forum. I have encouraged Paul K. and Paul Z. to respond to your experiences.
M-P

Jeff Nuese
01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Michael
Your request is reasonable. Ive never been one to hold a grudge, so I am more than willing to let by gones be by gones.Im not sure you were getting the full scope of what happened, perhaps you are now.I have no interest in pursuing any kind of contact with tecnifibre. I tried to correspond with these guys for far too long and franky even I have limits.I do however, hold no more bad feelings towards this company, as far as I am concerned the matter is over, I just dont want to play with the rackets.

Match-Point
01-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I understand. Can you email me at matchpointstringers@nc.rr.com?

johnathan smith
01-06-2005, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't experct to be hearing anything from Paul or Adrian concerning our problems with the service. They just dropped the ball on a number of occasions. Like Jeff, I don't hold a grudge. I have never commented on the matter untill this thread, and the incident happened months ago. I am not looking to resolve this matter and get more tf frames. I'm honeslty just not interested and wish them well, but i just considered it my duty to tell my story to tw members who will most certainly be interested in trying out the new Tf frames. That's all.

Match-Point
01-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Gotcha JS. Would like to talk more about the product if you care too.

johnathan smith
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Sure thing Match Point, What would you like to know?

Match-Point
01-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Did you try anything besides the T-Fight 325?

johnathan smith
01-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I only played with the t-fight 325. I found it to be too light. It's the heaviest racquet in the line from what i hear. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't like anything any lighter than the 325. I'm sure the other are o.k., but i am just used to really heavy frames.

Match-Point
01-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Isnt the T-Fight 325 some 11.5 ounces unstrung making it about 12+ ounces strung with an overgrip? Too much bat for me. The T-Feel 295 and T-Flash 290 intrigue me. I am currently playing with a Volkl V-1 Classic.

johnathan smith
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I wanted to just back out nicely, but i'll tell you about the 325 (from my point of view)
It has an odd balance, feels almost even no matter what specs might indicate.
The .25 extra length really messes the frame up and it's extremely UN-STABLE. I had to weight mine up to 13oz's to stabalize the 325, and then the manuverability, which was not great to begin with went strait to hell. If i liked the frame enough, there is no way a couple of incompetant representatives would have influenced my decision to get rid of the frames. They will suit plenty of people, just not me.
Maybe it's none of my business, but do you (Match-Point) work for Tecnifibre?

tschevap
01-10-2005, 06:45 AM
How funny: I have never played with a racket that felt more stable than the 325! And i played the whole bunch of classics: Prestige, 200G, POG...

So: it is all VERY subjective...

johnathan smith
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
More stable than a prestige classic, 200g, or pog mid?????
YIKES!!

RacquetDoctor
01-16-2005, 04:35 AM
I was a lucky guy to get two of Jeff's sticks. One was in new 'virgin' condition. The other looks like it was used, but only because there was a little residue on the handle from an overgrip. I removed the lead from the handle that Jeff added to hit with it in stock form. The racquet specs strung with Banger 16 original on a TFeel 305 are as follows:
wght: 325g balance: 33.25 SW: 319 Flex: 67

Racquets are very close. other stick is 1g heavier, same balance SW 320 Flex 68. Close as they come as far as I'm concerned.