PDA

View Full Version : can my racquet be sent back if...

soggyramen
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
when it was strung that it cracked in the bridge. my o3 white just cracked in the bridge when it was strung. it happened cuz the moron that strung it didn't know how to string an o3 when he said he did and instead of putting the string through the hard grommet string holes in the bridge he put them on the inside of "O" holes in the bridge.

this isn't from abuse. can i get a new racquet off this?

nickb
03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Sounds like your "stringer" needs to replace the racket out of his own pocket...

Nick

YULitle
03-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Hahahah, yes. The best you can do is try. :D

YULitle
03-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Actually, the best you can do is never have him/her string your racquets again. The second best is try. :D

Babb
03-09-2008, 05:21 PM
If Prince won't replace it, make the stringer pay for it! But Prince is pretty cool about stuff like that. They replaced one of mine without really even knowing the details surrounding the incident.

kingdaddy41788
03-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the moron did... he needs to pay for it, not Prince

dancraig
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I too have found Prince to be good about replacing frames.
I can relate an interesting story about a cracked racquet that was sent back to Wilson that might give you, and others, some insight into the process.
My friend broke the racquet while playing against me. He had the retailer send it back to Wilson. They returned it saying it had been abused and that they would not replace it.
They gave an address for an appeal procedure. My friend sent it to this new address with a note from me saying that I was there when it broke and witnessed no abuse.
They then decided to replace the racquet with a new model.
They seem to have some sort of lab where they determine the cause of frame failure.

Babb
03-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the moron did... he needs to pay for it, not Prince
Yeah, I have to agree with you. Why should Prince pay for some stringer's mistake? I take back what I said. Ask the stringer for $200 on the spot.

soggyramen
03-09-2008, 05:42 PM
idk i doubt he'll give me money but i'll try prince first though.

Steve Huff
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Prince should replace it since the tension was on the bridge, even if it wasn't on the correct spot on the bridge. You have to call them first and get a return authorization number. You'll also have to pay for shipping to Prince. I'd get the stringer to do this.

themitchmann
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Prince is great about replacing frames. Nonetheless, your stringer owes you an apology at the very least. I hope you got that. Find a new stringer that is certified through the USRSA.

Katlion
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I think that you should ask the stringer for the money, because it is his want for money that made him string the racket, and it is completely his fault that the racket broke. You shouldn't make Prince pay for your "stringer's" stupidity.

03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
feedback to us what happens in the end