PDA

View Full Version : choosing new stick

djweenie
03-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Didn't think I would need to start a new thread, but I need some insight on my next racquet.:???:

Right now, I've been looking between the nTour, nBlade, and LM Prestige. I'm not sure what to choose, so can anyone help me? Just explain your experiences with each [if not one] racquet. List some specs with each racquet, if you can. Thanks a bunch in advance!!:)

In)SpiRe
03-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Telling us your playing style will help greatly, and what your looking for in a racquet.

doublefault2008
03-09-2008, 06:38 PM
What racket are you using right now? Buying some more of them isn't an option?

thejuice
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Let me be the first of a few guys to tell you that the racquets you asked about are all very different. Why did you choose to ask about these three?

chiru
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Let me be the first of a few guys to tell you that the racquets you asked about are all very different. Why did you choose to ask about these three?

yah no kidding. very different. have you tried hitting with em?

Katlion
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I think that out of the three, I would say you should choose the Wilson nCode nTour, or, if you can get it, and this one prefferably, the nTour Two. It's a bit of a stiff stick, but if you don't mind, then other than that, it is a wonderful racket. The weight is 10.2 oz., and 27.25 inches long. I don't know what else you would like to know, but I hope that you like this racket. Also, I would have to suggest that you try all three of these rackets out for a couple days each so that you can really see which one you like, instead of just going by people's advice... Good luck!

djweenie
03-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Umm, I would say I'm about a 3.5 - 4.0 player. I like to put a lot of spin on the ball and stick to the baseline.

I have a few friends that had each of these rackets and I borrowed them to test them out. I personally like the nTour [puts a lot of pop in my serve], its a pretty good racket that I would most likely buy, but I don't have as much control as prestige with it. Scratch out the nBlade, not cool for my taste. The LM Prestige gave me a lot of control, but I kinda play funky with it, I don't know why.

chiru
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Umm, I would say I'm about a 3.5 - 4.0 player. I like to put a lot of spin on the ball and stick to the baseline.

I have a few friends that had each of these rackets and I borrowed them to test them out. I personally like the nTour [puts a lot of pop in my serve], its a pretty good racket that I would most likely buy, but I don't have as much control as prestige with it. Scratch out the nBlade, not cool for my taste. The LM Prestige gave me a lot of control, but I kinda play funky with it, I don't know why.

that's wierd. i would say the nblade is sorta inbetween the lm prestige and the ntour in terms of what kind of racket. not quite as crazy a players stick as lm prestige, but not headheavy/light like the ntour. thats wierd you like those two but not the one in between...

djweenie
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
that's wierd. i would say the nblade is sorta inbetween the lm prestige and the ntour in terms of what kind of racket. not quite as crazy a players stick as lm prestige, but not headheavy/light like the ntour. thats wierd you like those two but not the one in between...

I know, for me I guess it has to be one way or the other. You can't have 'em mixed.