PDA

View Full Version : Great performance & price arm friendly hybrid

goldenyama
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a moderate case of TE (hurts mainly when hitting serves or overheads) and I have tried many different strings without finding one that gave me the control, spin and pop I wanted that was also very easy on the arm. I played with full Xcel Premium jobs for a couple years as it is VERY soft and good for my arm, but it can be a bit mushy, performance and durability OK but not exceptional.

Recently I have settled on this hybrid - Kirschbaum Touch Multi 17g mains / Cyberpower 16g crosses with about 25 babolat elasto-cross II string savers inserted. The kirschbaum is very crisp and comfortable, close to gut, and provides impressive spin with big pop. The cyberpower is a VERY comfortable poly, and having it in the crosses adds control and reigns in the pop of the kirschbaum. I found the string savers to slightly stiffen the stringbed but in no way make it less comfortable. I also found they really do help generate spin! Love the feel of the elasto-cross II`s.

Overall I have found this setup, with the multi strung at the midrange or just below in the mains and and poly crosses at 4lbs below that to be the best combination of comfort, spin, control and pop that I have ever used. It also costs only $10 per hybrid. Well, I hope that helps anybody looking for the same things I was in a string setup!

ledor
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
good choice combo.