PDA

View Full Version : Has Prince changed SynGut Multifilament?

GiveMeGut
03-09-2008, 07:59 PM
At one of the clubs I string for we just got in a new batch of Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament. I strung up a few sets today and its different than the original order we received. The first batch was light gold in color, firm in feel and didn't ghost where it was clamped. The new batch is natural in color, feels very soft and rubbery, and shows extreme bruising where clamped. I haven't hit with the new stuff but it seems to be a different string. Anyone know any thing about this?

moonshine
03-10-2008, 03:32 AM
The string has changed. The hope was that it would be slightly more forgiving. Our Prince rep gave me a set of the new string and explained the differences, but I haven't had a chance to hit with the new stuff yet. It's a shame though because I thought the original Prince multi was a great string to begin with.

TravelinMan
03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
The string has changed. The hope was that it would be slightly more forgiving. Our Prince rep gave me a set of the new string and explained the differences, but I haven't had a chance to hit with the new stuff yet. It's a shame though because I thought the original Prince multi was a great string to begin with.

Agreed, PSGM is a great all around string. Please post your review when you can, I would be most interested in hearing how it compares.

SonRK
03-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I still have a few sets of PSGM and find it an excellent string. I haven't seen the new version out yet, but I hope it's comparable to the original PSGM because that's my current main string =|

Forehand Forever
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I wish it didn't change. I used it in the summer and loved it but I strung up 2 of my racquets with it lately and it was absolutely TERRIBLE. Why did they change it? It was so good how it was.

coach
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
The new batch is natural in color, feels very soft and rubbery, and shows extreme bruising where clamped.

With that description, it made me think of Tecnifibre NRG2. They might be trying to emulate that.

him88002
03-26-2008, 03:19 PM
BUMP
Can anybody give a detailed review of the new batch.
I love the old stuff what plays like it?

themitchmann
03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Just speculating here...I know Prince got a lot of feedback from their Team players that liked the string, but felt the durability was an issue. Perhaps the modification was due to this and they are attempting to make the string more durable.

I play with it, too, but haven't tried the new batch. I still have a bunch of sets of the older stuff, so that'll hopefully last me a while.

sneekynyc
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't wait to try it out... I just ordered 5 sets

him88002
03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Please do let us know how it turns out Sneek.