PDA

View Full Version : Estausa Power Beam braided (new rac), Dunlop max 200g pro (old rac)

fish
12-30-2004, 05:49 AM
would any nice guys here sharing yr views of the above rackets feeling and goodness and badness of them???
thank so much!
I am a volleyer

max
12-30-2004, 07:53 AM
I played many years with the Max200G. I had the Estusa for about a year. They are quite comparable in terms of comfort and easy flex. I got rid of the Estusa because it was nothing special when it came to serving; I think I had less pace on serves than with my Volkl. If you're looking for a good fitting replacement for the Max 200G, it would be difficult to find something better than the Estusa.

yip kok kuin
12-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Max, try another oldies, the Head Composite Edge. Feels as soft as the max200g. And much cheaper 2nd hand. Have anyone try the prince tricomp or yonex rd23. Heard these are very 'soft' racket too.

max
12-30-2004, 02:29 PM
YKK---yeah, the Prince tricomp is good,and so too, is the old Spectrum. I used to have a Head Graphite Edge, but I don't know the composite Edge.

yip kok kuin
12-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Max, I have both Graphite Edge and Composite Edge. Composite Edge is way softer and for me personally, nicer. I think graphite edge is probably the top dog of this range and as top dog it is usually play firmer but not necessarily better.

I also once had the Boris Becker thing. The sliver/red one that he won his 1st Wimbldeon. That thing is way way stiffer than the max200g. Which version of the Estusa would be similar to that sliver/red thing? And which version is the softest of them all (Estusa/Puma)?

brtennis
12-30-2004, 05:27 PM
I think you're gonna like PBB since you're a volleyer. Due to its extreme HL balance (12 points), the Estusa is very maneuverable and stable at net. For ground stroke, it has a low swing weight considering its static weight (12.2oz) and it has good power due to it 67 stiffness. For serve, it can be underpower if you don't whip it good. For people with good service motion, decent racquet speed can easily overcome lack of racquet head weight and thus generating good pace is possible. In addition, slice and kick serves are easy due to HL balance.

One biggest drawback of PBB is for those who have a two-handed backhand. There is just not enough leverage to generate good pace.

Hope this helps.

fish
01-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Thank you so much for the friends here, max....
For yr kindly opionon. of the two rackets.

I just tried PPB braided. I liked it very all rounded.
but the disadvantage is that serving lacks the pace , might too heavy for me. and also manveouroius is another problem.Thirdly, the comfort level is less good than yy racket(ti-50).

Any suggestions of rackets similar to PPB???

For max 200g pro, I haven't tried before. Do you find it is good with feel???
thank you so much , happly new yr.:>
fish

fish
01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
would any nice guys here , could sharing the views of feel of Max 200g pro and PPB???
Is it quite similar in feel ??? as Max said???
I like the feel of PPB! but I love to play longer racket.
Any longer racket could have similar performance as PPB????
Thank you for all nice guys here!!!
wait for yr point!

yip kok kuin
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Fish, want to save some $? get the prince tri comp 90. Nobody seems to want this racket on ****. I tried it last weekend. Has great feel. like the max 200g.

Serve-And-Volley
01-10-2005, 05:05 AM
I have played with the Estusa and the volleys come off the strings beautifully. I briefly played with old Maz 200G and fould it a good racquet too. In my opinion I found that there many similarities. I feel both of them are equal.

fish
02-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Thank you so much for yip and SERve and Volleyer.

For yip , you mention Prince tri comp 90 , is it a very old racket ??? I don't know what it is ?? I live in HK, I just try ti response, tt warrior, and original graphite before for prince racket. Do it similar to it for comp 90???

And serve and volleyer,, do you mean Estusa PPB and Max 200g pro got similar feel ???
I like PPB much but could not find any in HK. I just notice there is some access for the very old racket John Mch. Max 200g and plan to buy, if it has simiar playing characteristics with PPB
Much appreciation for yr kindly reply for your view pt.
thank you :>fish

AndrewD
02-14-2005, 05:16 AM
After playing all of my tennis with the Dunlop 200G Id have to say that, in my opinion, you just aren't going to find another racquet that compares to it. Not in terms of its quality or playability just in the exceptionally unique 'feel' it provides. The injection moulding makes for something far, far different to a conventional frame so I wouldn't bother trying to compare other frames too closely. I think the best you can do is go for surface similarities like stability, comfort and the solid feel it gives on impact. Ive now moved to the POG OS which is quite a change but not as dramatic as it might appear. Its an older style frame with nice flex and a solid, stable feel on impact albeit in a much larger head size. Still, the similarities are minor its just that I couldn't find anything that came close to the 200G in the currently available crop of racquets.

Personally, I felt the Estusa to be an average frame and the sort you either love or hate. However, not close enough to the Dunlop to compare the two.

yip kok kuin
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
fish:
prince tri comp is about 10 years old at least. came out with the spectrum range. Heard that prince spectrum is also pretty soft. both are white in colour with green line running along the beam. Quite ugly. You won't miss it if you have seen it.

max200g is very very heavy for those who are not used to old racket. but it is way way softer and more comfortable than any other racket I have tried. You can try its brother max400i which is a lot stiffer but very comfortable. Much lighter too.

fish
02-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Thank you yip and Andrew,
For Andrew, thanks for yr opionon. For max 200g (John Mch, and S. Graf racket), I just have access to get it.
It is a bit heavy . I quite surprised the head shape, it seems to be even smaller than Wilson 6.0 and ti 70 mid, < 85 inch???
I have tried MW200g (90in) and hot melton 100g , 200g , 300g. I find that I love the feel of MW200g (90in). Does both of you tried that racket, is it simiar to max 200g ???
For Estusate PPB, it got very unique feel for me. I found that the best shot is backhand slice. very close to the top of the net to travel accross the court side to my opponent.
But so sad that for me, I like to play longer racket, like ti 70 long (98), I got higher 1st serve % to organise my game plan for my service game.
For yip,
do you play diabola mid before?? is it have simiar feel as Max 200g and Estusta PPB??? And do you think these two rackets playing similarly , with similar feel???
Thank you , and wait for yr pt.
:>fish

yip kok kuin
02-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I have not tried the prince racket b4. Between max200g and Estusa PPB, I think PPB is better for S/V. Beside backhand, it is excellent for overhead and drop shots. It doesn't feel stiff as its rating of 67. I have the Puma silver/red one but it is not as stable. Maybe the kinetic stabilizer really works!.