PDA

View Full Version : Kfactor and its future

dthomas
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows how long Wilson will continue to make the Kfactor Tour 90. I played with the Ncode Tour 90 for a few years and really liked the racquet, but then they discontinued it for Kfactor Tour 90. I'm starting to adjust my strokes to the Kfactor Tour 90, but I don't like having to change racquets every few years to a new model. I was wondering if it is just a money thing or if Wilson is really trying to improve the technology of the racquets? I see that Pete Sampras is still using the Ncode Tour 90. I guess he doesn't like the Kfactor Tour 90. I wonder were he gets his racquets from since Wilson stopped making them? Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Mansewerz
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
There is a site named after a famous river, actually the second longest one in the world that still sells Ncode tour 90's.

SFrazeur
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Even lame advertising of competitors is against the rules. Don't get banned.

-SF

BreakPoint
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows how long Wilson will continue to make the Kfactor Tour 90. I played with the Ncode Tour 90 for a few years and really liked the racquet, but then they discontinued it for Kfactor Tour 90. I'm starting to adjust my strokes to the Kfactor Tour 90, but I don't like having to change racquets every few years to a new model. I was wondering if it is just a money thing or if Wilson is really trying to improve the technology of the racquets? I see that Pete Sampras is still using the Ncode Tour 90. I guess he doesn't like the Kfactor Tour 90. I wonder were he gets his racquets from since Wilson stopped making them? Let me know what you think! Thanks!
Actually, Sampras is using a K90 underneath that nCode 90 paintjob, IMO.

It's not so much that they "improve" the racquets as much as they change them. Yes, the K90 is definitely a different racquet from the nCode 90. IMO, with the K90, they removed the HyperCarbon that was in the nCode 90. That's why the K90 has more feel, is more flexible, but has less power and pop than the nCode 90. Everything else about them is pretty much the same (of course, string spacing and handle length are also different). It's also why the K90 feels more like the PS 6.0 than the nCode 90 does because the PS 6.0 also did not have any HyperCarbon double-braiding of the nCode 90.

Blank
03-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Well...you can stock some K90s from now. Keep 10 brand new racquets and they will last you more than 12 years. :)

a_6m
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Usually even if they discontinue it, one still finds them easily at bargain price,if its from any popular series/model from makers esp. like HEAD Wilson.

DonBot
03-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I can not wait untill they ditch the k95! They can keep the k90 though! They did a total reversal from the n's by making the 90 the better stick oh well next thing will be out in two years or so!

SempreSami
03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
You've got a good two years left with [K]Factor racquets being available imo.

YULitle
03-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Do like they said. Lots of people do this. If you find a racquet that you like, get a bunch of them. You can wait until they get marked down but it won't be long after that when they stop making them.

Sentinel
03-10-2008, 07:53 AM
I see that Pete Sampras is still using the Ncode Tour 90. I guess he doesn't like the Kfactor Tour 90. I wonder were he gets his racquets from since Wilson stopped making them? Let me know what you think! Thanks!

I suspect he gets his ncodes from jollyroger's stash, and gives JR his K90's.

j/k.

quest01
03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I can not wait untill they ditch the k95! They can keep the k90 though! They did a total reversal from the n's by making the 90 the better stick oh well next thing will be out in two years or so!

I understand your point of view but you have to look at the bigger picture here in that majority of people use the K95 over the K90. The K95 would be considered more practical in terms of a more everyday racket compared to the K90. Meaning the K95 has more of a broad spectrum among beginners to advanced players while the K90 is designed for mostly advanced players and not beginners.

sureshs
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
^^^^K95 is not an everyday racquet suitable for beginners.

nickb
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Well wilson for once did improve a racket line with the K90...it plays much better than the N90..

Nick