PDA

View Full Version : Volkl V-engine tour 10 MP vs Yonex RDX 500 MP

Yolkl
12-30-2004, 07:27 AM
I demoed the Volkl recently after using a Head Tour xtra long MP and was ****n away by the improved control and spin of the V-engine tour 10 MP.
I am curious how the Yonex RDX 500 MP compares before buying the volkl. Thanks in advance.
Also wondering as a 3.0-3.5 at age 50, should I be looking at the RDX 300 or the V-engine tour 9 instead of the 500 and 10.

NoBadMojo
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
i've hit w. both. the VE10MP is generally better for the all courter than the RDXMP but the RDXMP may have a little advantage from the ground. the RDX is a bit easier to swing. if you are able to swing these racquets fast for as long as your hitting session lasts and can find the sweetspot most of the time, you should be fine. so if you liked the VE10MP, why would you wish to even bother w. other stuff? just go with that one and learn to use it well. i dont know about the RDX300 but have hit w. the VE9 which is quite a bit stiffer and lighter than the 10VEMP

Yolkl
12-30-2004, 11:42 AM
NoMo The VE is great but it is also the only new racquet that I've ever demoed. For all I know, anything might have felt great after the Head longbody. The RDX is very similiar spec-wise and more importantly if it gets the Benjamin-endorsement isn't that sorta like recieving total enlightenment from the Dali Lama ?

andfor
12-30-2004, 11:59 AM
OK, that's it. I can not stand it anymore. I am going to get my hands on the RDX 300 MP and SMP and post my findings. It will not happen soon but maybe in the next 30 days or so.

ferrari_827
12-30-2004, 12:20 PM
I think that some people are just loyal to their brands and are resistant to changing no matter how good the racket. Some people just can't stand the squarish Yonex head shape.

I have hit with Volkl and it does feel excellent, and if it weren't for Yonex I'd probably be playing with Volkl as well.