PDA

View Full Version : Grip shape and size of different rackets - please help me !

ClubHoUno
03-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Hello Forum :)

I plan on purchasing some different kind of rackets to try them out over a longer period and then decide on which one to get :twisted:

Currently I play with 4 of the Wilson K Factor 95 rackets and two of the Vantage Custom 100" rackets with a Wilson shaped grip - all in 4 3/8 size 3 grip with one Wilson Pro overgrip.

I plan on buying a Head Microgel Prestige Pro, a Yonex RDS 001 '08, a Yonex RQis 1 Tour and a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick racket to test them out during the next 2 months until the summer season really gets going.

What size grip would you recommend me to go for if they are to match the grip size and shape of my current Wilson and Vantage rackets ?

Thanks for helping me out :grin:

ctdeuce
03-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Head and Babolat are fairly true to size. I would order 4 3/8 just like your wilson.

kabob
03-10-2008, 03:58 AM
I can tell you from personal experience that ctdeuce is right as far as Head goes, specifically the Prestige Pro (which I own). The grip is more rectangular than Wilson but the diameter is the same.

ctdeuce
03-10-2008, 04:04 AM
I completely forgot to mention that head does kind of have a more rectangular feel. haha thanks for the save kabob.

I use microgel extreme pro's right now and I just sold off a pure drive + so I know a little about both brands, haha

ClubHoUno
03-10-2008, 04:49 AM
I completely forgot to mention that head does kind of have a more rectangular feel. haha thanks for the save kabob.

I use microgel extreme pro's right now and I just sold off a pure drive + so I know a little about both brands, haha

How would you compare the MG prestige pro to the Roddick Pure drive ?

ClubHoUno
03-10-2008, 04:50 AM
I can tell you from personal experience that ctdeuce is right as far as Head goes, specifically the Prestige Pro (which I own). The grip is more rectangular than Wilson but the diameter is the same.

Thanks for your help :)

ctdeuce
03-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Kabob is actually the one that owns the prestige pro. I have the extreme pro.

ClubHoUno
03-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Kabob is actually the one that owns the prestige pro. I have the extreme pro.

WOW - I forgot all about the Extreme Pro - I will definitely also buy one of the Extreme Pro's - it sounds like a great racket based on specs alone.....

Did you also test the Pretige Microgel Pro before you bought your Extreme Pro ?

nickb
03-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Yonex always seem smaller to me..but it could be the thin grips that come with them from the factory.

Head and babolat are the same size as wilson....best to try and find a 3/8 yonex racket and feel what the grip is like..

I think you will have to go higher with yonex..

Nick

ctdeuce
03-10-2008, 06:07 AM
WOW - I forgot all about the Extreme Pro - I will definitely also buy one of the Extreme Pro's - it sounds like a great racket based on specs alone.....

Did you also test the Pretige Microgel Pro before you bought your Extreme Pro ?

No actually I just fell in love with the extreme pro as soon as i started hitting with it. It's very good for my game and in ways can be similar to the babolat pure drive+ but I am much more comfortable with this one which is why I sold my babolat off to get it. Im actually about to get 3 more extreme pro's so that my lineup is full and ready to roll :)