PDA

View Full Version : RDS002T SL vs Volkl C10 Pro?

Joey
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Anyone here hit with both who can compare these two racquets. I'm thinking of trying out the Volkl because of its near identical specs but lower swingweight. The flexibility on paper is also not that different. Thanks

fuzz nation
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I'd say that the 002 Tour has a mildly lighter swingweight because it is even more headlight than the C10 Pro. Actually I have a total of four of those Volkls from different "generations" and two of them are up near 13.0 oz. with no modifications while the other two are around 12.5 oz. - more in line with the Yonex. While the 002T is easy to handle, I think it is just heavy enough to also be quite stable and provide proper plow through on the ball. I've especially enjoyed it around the net.

The Volkl has a comfortably soft feel, but I don't find it to be flimsy or rubbery in an unsettling way. The 002T is a bit punchier; not quite crisp or harsh, but it doesn't have that sort of "bow-whup" feel that I get in a very flexible racquet. The flex of the C10 produces very good control and spin on my strokes while the Yonex requires that I use more deliberate low-to-high swingstyle to produce the same ball. Both will turn out plenty of spin, but the C10 has turned out to be a better fit for my game, even when serve and volleying. What I get from the C10 is what I like to refer to a "controllable power".

The Volkl has some flex in the hoop, which was a little odd for me at first since I was replacing some very stiff Prostaffs. Serving is nearly a toss-up with these frames. Even though the Volkl seems to be a softer bat, I can deliver a rather wicked kicker with it or murder a flat heater with a lot of accuracy, especially with my heavier ones. The Yonex also hits nice spin and placement is terrific. In terms of pure velocity, the 002T delivers a lot, but not quite what I've enjoyed with the Volkls. The C10 Pro is a great frame for me, but for a player that prefers more of a firm (yet not harsh) feel in their racquet, the 002 Tour is a strong option.

Excuse my rant, but if you have specific questions on these two, I'll check back and try to answer them for you.

skraggle
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Fuzz covered this well, so I'll just add that I don't find these frames to be very similar.

To me, the 002 Tour plays like a heavier Ti-80, which isn't a bad thing.

The C10 is quite a bit more flexible and I find it more maneuverable as well.

louis netman
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Between Fuzz and Skraggle, its pretty much covered. Let me add that only my old (Made in Germany) C10s swing near to my 5/8 002 Tours. I picked up a client's newer C10 the other day and it was significantly less SW than my old ones. Indeed, the 002 tour feels like a heavy, less tinny ti 80...

03-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I just acquired an 002 Tour 1/2 in a private deal out of curiosity

I also own + really enjoy a Ti 80 1/2

002 Tour has more pop, is a bit less headlight, is a bit more damp/muted, and a bit less flexy in the throat than the 80. My 002 Tour came with a full co-poly job and I don't care for the feel....but that's a stringing issue. It is a very solid frame. I play a lot of 4.5+ dubs and it's a stable volleyer to - but not as easy to flick around @ net as C10 or Ti 80.

nikosrf
03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
007 your frame 002tour 4 1/2 is the UL version, so it is about 310 gr unstrung insteed of the 330gr of the 002TOUR SL (4 3/8 and above).

Yours must be more maneuverable as the SW is lower.