PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Hybrid mix.

mtnpaul
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I have access to a set of NXT Tour 17 gauge and Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour gauge 16. I was thinking of putting the NXT Tour 17 gauge in the crosses and the 16 gauge Babolats in the mains. The question is how long will the NXT last? Will the NXT break faster than normal, or will they me say 4-6 weeks. I play about 4 times a month. Also any suggestions regarding string tension. I was planning on stringing the Babolat at 54 and the NXT at 60. What do you think?

I assume using the two sets I'll be able to string the racquet twice. Is that a reasonable assumption? Should I cut them in half before giving them to the shop for stringing?

Later,

Paul

racquet_jedi
03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I have access to a set of NXT Tour 17 gauge and Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour gauge 16. I was thinking of putting the NXT Tour 17 gauge in the crosses and the 16 gauge Babolats in the mains. The question is how long will the NXT last? Will the NXT break faster than normal, or will they me say 4-6 weeks. I play about 4 times a month. Also any suggestions regarding string tension. I was planning on stringing the Babolat at 54 and the NXT at 60. What do you think?

I assume using the two sets I'll be able to string the racquet twice. Is that a reasonable assumption? Should I cut them in half before giving them to the shop for stringing?

Later,

Paul

You should probably cut the string in half in advance (unless you want to tell the stringer to himself and save the other halves for later)...

Otherwise, the stringer might "throw" the leftover string away, "unknowingly"...