PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for the microgel prestige to have a "hollow" sound??

chickenwang
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
i just got a microgel prestige pro like 2.5 weeks ago in great condition (just a couple scratches on the head guard) but my friend was checking it out today and he lightly dropped it on the grass (horizontally so that the string bed what parallel to the ground) and it made a hollow wobly sound. He said that my racqet was cracked but i didnt think that was possible becuz it was brand new and when he dropped his microgel radical it made a normal clunk sound. i tried it with my other racquets and racquets from my friends and their racquets made the same clunk noise. My micorgel prestige was the only one that made the wierd hollow wobbly sound. is this normal or is something wrong with it?

Anton
03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm going to venture a guess and say you have a rubber band for a dampener

jasonchu
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
i just got a microgel prestige pro like 2.5 weeks ago in great condition (just a couple scratches on the head guard) but my friend was checking it out today and he lightly dropped it on the grass (horizontally so that the string bed what parallel to the ground) and it made a hollow wobly sound. He said that my racqet was cracked but i didnt think that was possible becuz it was brand new and when he dropped his microgel radical it made a normal clunk sound. i tried it with my other racquets and racquets from my friends and their racquets made the same clunk noise. My micorgel prestige was the only one that made the wierd hollow wobbly sound. is this normal or is something wrong with it?

no the same thing happens with some babolat rackets.
the handles are hollow now with 2 cells (cylinders) made out of foam and/or plastic

when you drop it like that on a rug you will hear a strange sound. try holding the grip and the sound goes away as you tap the racquet on the rug ....

dont do this on a hard surface or you are on your own re: cracks from purposefully hitting on the ground... taps not hits....

chickenwang
03-11-2008, 01:09 PM
o thx. btw my dampener is a normal black head logo one. does the hollow handle mean its better or worse than other raquets? in other words y did Head do that?

jackson vile
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
That is a neo prestige thing

chickenwang
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
ok, so its not broken? lol

quest01
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
ok, so its not broken? lol

Only you can answer that question.