PDA

View Full Version : which wilson for topspin player

lawrence
03-11-2008, 05:29 AM
i doubt anyones noticed but if you have sorry for the spam of threads, im just on the verge of buying a new racket and demoing doesnt help because, every single racket i demo feels good to me (its always a honeymoon period i guess?), probably because its something fresh and different.

which racket would be better for me if i hardly hit flat shots, as i usually take shots really low which stops me from hitting flat i guess. i use a SW grip and i love topspin, im using the ps85 atm but i want a bigger headsize and something slightly less demanding. im also looking for a bit of punch i can pack with my topspin, like heavier balls (i have a n61team which is good for control but its way too weak)
one last thing i was wondering is how the weight of the k95's compare to the ps85, i understand they are slightly lighter but ill be adding a leather grip if i decide to go with it, so im worried it'll weigh up the same - ill admit i hit a fair share of long balls with the 85 but im not sure if its because im hitting off center or because of the weight behind the swings

check the polls for my racket ideas
(i know an open pattern is more ideal for topspin but im in need of a bit more control over my shot placement)

the_flying_wallaby
03-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Go for one of the heavier sticks in the closer to 12oz range. these will give you more punch, and the added weight will help you with the topspin. also, if you like the way a raquet feels but you aren't getting enough bite, try using a thinner sring, i.e. 17, 17L 18, 18L

lawrence
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
thanks for the input
theres 2 votes on other but no suggestions ;p?

meowmix
03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Try the Microgel Prestige Pro. It's a good stick, with good heft, a headsize that's close to 95, and good spin.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
the k90 has alot of spin

str33t
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
The two Wilson racquets you put in the poll both have 18x20, which aren't known for their spin potential. Try something that has a more open string pattern, which would help with your topspin. Maybe try the K95 16x18 instead of the 18x20. Even though you're looking for more "control" in a tighter string pattern, I think you would benefit more from an open string pattern which would improve your topspin, which in turn could lead to more consistency. :D