PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite kirschbaum string?

hit2mybh
03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I wanted to check with everyone and see what kirschbaum strings you use or have used. Give feedback to what you like and dislike... thx

PROTENNIS63
03-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I have used Spiky, Honey, Comp, Pro Line II, Touch Multifibre. Pro Line II was the best of them. Spiky and Honey were crap. Dead feeling. Touch Multifibre was ok (I hybrid it with Spiky), but I hated both string. Pro Line II overall is not bad. Similar to Big Ace in some ways. Perhaps not as powerful. Costs a lot more but those who are loyal Kirschbaum fans will like it.

sruckauf
03-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree with PROTENNIS63. I've tried every one of their current poly/copoly offerings, and really really like ProLine II. My current string of choice.

Reason is it's the best comfort/performance copoly I've tried. Some may perform better, but I've found to be too harsh on my arm. ProLine II does not bug my arm when I use it as a main with a multi cross. (currently using Yonex Tour Super 850 16 (feel) for the cross)

Have not tried any of their other strings. (multis, etc.)

robkat
03-11-2008, 11:50 AM
My Favorite Kirschbaum string is Touch Turbo. I haven't played it for a few years I thought it it provided comfort and good spin capability. I haven't tried the newer offerings yet. My son swore by super spiky up until he started to use Pro Supex Blue Gear.

pow
03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I liked every one that I've tried which is Touch Turbo, Competition (in a hybrid), and ProLine II, I guess my fav is ProLine II 1.15mm though. It has amazing feel for a poly.

miniRafa386
03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
since this is a kirsch thread, i think my question would also contribute to it.

pro line II seems to be the favorite poly by kirsch. how would it hybrid with touch multifibre if the pro line II was in the mains?

and for the thread question, i am yet to try, but i ordered the sample pack of the PLII 17 on TW, it came in today and i plan on trying it out tomorrow.