PDA

View Full Version : Could the Nblade ever be considered a serious "players racket"?

Gabs011
03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I have played with this racket over the last couple of days and have been impressed by its comfort, design and performance. However in stock form its clearly not enough of a players racket. I am used to playing with frames such as the I.prestige, prestige classic etc...

However has anyone here been able to make any modifications to the frame that have been able to turn it into a true players racket? If so then please share your experiences.

Some changes I am thinking of making are;

- Switching to full poly....(racket came strung with Wilson Sensation which I hate)
- Adding lead tape at 3 and 9 and possibly in the throat as well.....

master_stringer_mitchy
03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
i think that it is a players racket. it has a very thin beam and is low powered. i mean, i dont like htem but pure drives, with customisation ARE players rackets. very good players use them, the n blade however i doubt that any pro's other than juniors will use it as its so new and a new mould compared to older frames. the pure drive is similar in respect that its a diffrent kind of mould, but it has many benefits such as bigger sweetspot and more forgiveness, back to the point thou! i would defo class it as a players stick and most of the people that will argue against may not be able to beat some 1 who does! Just my opinion! (proberly gonna get ppl goin nuts now, quoting me!)

bluetrain4
03-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Clearly nblades can be players racquets. I've seen many players 5.0 and above use nblades, both stock and modified (just a little bit to heavily)

All "players racquet" means on these forums is based almost entirely on specs: in the 12oz or above range, generally headlight, low-powered, usually no larger than 98 sq inch head, often more flexible than "modern" frames, but not always. The very term, in my opinion, derives from the fact that almost all serious players used to use heavier, low-powered frames before the Babolat era and before the widespread use of poly.

Obviously, many serious players still do use heavier, low-powered frames (count me in with my 12.5 oz Diablo mid), but we've seen the rise of lighter, stiffer frames that are also used (to great affect) by serious players.

So, as to the nblade, I say "yes" because (1) it is a quality frame used by high level players, regardless of its specs, and (2) it is a good frame for modification, can easily be leaded up to 12 oz or beyond (if specs is what makes a "players" frame for you).

YULitle
03-11-2008, 01:35 PM
I feel the high flexibility and narrow beam of the frame render it a sure player's frame.

Mad iX
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
It is to me. It's quite light but that makes it ideal to customise weight and balance.
Stock or not, it offers plenty of control and you have to generate your own power.
It's not as demanding some of the other frames but developed strokes are still needed to wield it.