PDA

View Full Version : which racquet would be best for me.

greekfire
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I would just like some suggestions. I just started playing a year ago with a k surge, great racquet for learning by the way. Im quite athletic and am angry that I didnt pickup this great sport while in high school or college, anyway, have progressed in the game fairly quickly, learned how to bring that 'effortless' power on serve and groundstroke. But now that Im starting to play some better players, I find that they're hitting heavy and my stick is getting pushed around, and not delivering. My number one priority is comfort and good balance (HL), a racquet that I dont have to think about, I tried a k95 (16/18) and definately was not for me, I've been considering these racquets.
-Dunlop aerogel 500 tour
-Head microgel radical pro or non
-tecnifibre tfeel
-yonex rds 003
Im working on footwork and strategy right now, I would demo, but just dont have the time or pro shop in a relatively short distance, I was told pick one and work with it, and thats what I'll probably do, but suggestions or opinions would be great. Thanks.

toughshot
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
well it might not help

racquets are pushed around mostly because of late contact and/or mishit

the ksurge is a solid racquet.. slap some lead on that baby and it will be similar to the radical pro and ag 500 tour

greekfire
03-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I did that but it really changed the way the racquet feels, Im just looking for a comfortable racquet thats fun to play with, more and more I find myself thinking too much on the court with the ksurge

Katlion
03-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I like the head microgel, or whatever it's called, but it's the yellow one. That's a really good stick, but I am not sure if it matches your criteria. Well, good luck!

ctdeuce
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
The yellow would be the extreme model.

I use the extreme pro and am very happy.

ohhgourami
03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
why the yonex rds 003? isnt it a bit too light? try the rds 001 or the 002 tour. if youre athletic, i wouldnt worry about the weight of these racquets.

i personally wanna try the rds 001, but my k95 seems perfect.

fuzz nation
03-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Fill us in on how the k95 was not for you and it will be easier to tell what you want or don't want in your racquet.

I was thinking that you needed a heavier stick, but the k could have been either too stiff or too heavy for you... not sure. Coming from the KSurge, it looks to me like the MG Radical Pro could be a potentially great fit being a bit heavier, softer, and more headlight.