PDA

View Full Version : so much string out there? how do i narrow it down without trying everything?

samtheman981
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
I recently got a stringer and to start experimenting with string. However, there is so many strings out on the market, and it is mostly on personal preference. How do i narrow down the search. Are there any websites that will help me. I am very confused. I have tried X1 Biaphase which on a scale of 1 to 10 id give a 5 for me, but I recently tried a BB alu/nxt that i liked a lot. But, now that I am playing outdoors (been playing indoors all winter), everything changes do I start over. what do i do? need some help? I am a 4.5 player with a flexpoint radical. I like a lot of power but still in control with moderate spin.

ledor
03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
stay with the poly/soft multi combo. For polys, any BB, Cyberflash or SPPP. For soft string, a natural gut, or multi. I know you like it already.

Steve Huff
03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
I buy and try some string. But, most of the string I carry is because I tried it through the USRSA free playtest program. Nearly ALL of my high end strings I carry because of a free playtest. If a string is that nice, string manufacturers should be happy to give you a set to try out. They know that if you like it, youll push it. When I try it, I'll generally carry it if I like it.