PDA

View Full Version : prestige a 95 sq in?

vndesu
03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
i remember reading a thread about it but im too lazy to find it.
ppl said that the prestige and radical felt like a 95 instead of a 98 so today i had compared.

it weird bc ive compared it to my 200g mw 95 and its almost exatly the same.
can any1 inform me about this?

stormholloway
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
There's a 90 and 95 inch model.

Commando Tennis Shorts
03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
it's been known for quite some time that head and prokennex racquets (I'm not sure if there are any others) have head sizes smaller than what is marked. some say it is b/c they measure to the outside of the frame rather than the outside of the stringbed

vndesu
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
thanks for all the info

Deuce
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
it's been known for quite some time that head and prokennex racquets (I'm not sure if there are any others) have head sizes smaller than what is marked. some say it is b/c they measure to the outside of the frame rather than the outside of the stringbed
I think it's much more likely that it's a marketing decision than anything else.
Some companies call them 95s, some companies call them 97s, and some companies call them 98s. The actual difference in size is, in almost every case, so negligible that we can say they are the same size.

PackardDell
03-12-2008, 04:56 AM
. some say it is b/c they measure to the outside of the frame rather than the outside of the stringbed

which has been proved wrong, search in this forum for the specific threads on it

The argument about small diferences between them is ********. If the difference between 95 and 98 is small & the difference between 98 and 100 is small does that mean the difference between 95 and 100 is small? They are messing op relations for us customers. I hate this marketing lies.

TennisWarehouse has the power to demand the REAL headsize info from manufacturers and IMO they should do so.