davidw89
03-12-2008, 03:18 AM
When i check out, number
3:Custom Hybrid Stringing
dropdown:
Build A custom String
Unstrung-Do not string
Then theres a whole list of strings you can buy

If i buy these strings do i have to string it myself? Or does it come prestrung?
If i do not want a custom hybrid string how do i skip this step because don't all tennis racquet come with strings? I am more than willing to pay, but does that mean i get the string = the racquet with its default string or do i get a racquet that has already been stringed with the custom hybrid string?

again apologies iam very lost..

nickb
03-12-2008, 04:24 AM
All the racquets are un-strung.

You can either choose a string for both mains and crosses, a hybrid (different mains and crosses) or have tennis warehouse send it un-strung for you to string yourself or take to a stringer.

Wilson Stamina 16 is free...if you want a different string you will have to pay extra....you just pick them from the list.

Hope that helps..

Nick

davidw89
03-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Ok that makes sense!

Does tennis warehouse string it for you?

What are the best hybrids ones? I don't mind paying extra. Looking at Balorat/Prstige Microgel from Head (These are top end racquet).

What about tensions?

nickb
03-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Ok that makes sense!

Does tennis warehouse string it for you?

What are the best hybrids ones? I don't mind paying extra. Looking at Balorat/Prstige Microgel from Head (These are top end racquet).

What about tensions?

Yeah they string it for free.

How long have you been playing tennis and what string have you used before?

If you are not sure on string just go for Prince Synthetic Gut Original for a crisp feel, Wilson NXT Tour for a softer more powerful feel or the basic Wilson Stamina if you dont want to spend the extra.

Mid tension is a good place to start. On the specs page it will say string tension then something like 52-62...right in the middle is fine.

Nick

davidw89
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
58 tension? my mate who is a pro will also be usign it, is this tension sufficient?

cool they string it for you!!

if i want to spend the extra on the strings, which ones should i go? hybrid ones? natural gut? which ones would you personally recommend?

nickb
03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
58 sounds fine...if you want to spend extra Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase, Wilson NXT Tour and Babolat VS Touch are all great soft, powerful strings. If you want more control Prince Synthetic Gut Original and Forten Sweet are good for that. If you want some extra durablity one of those in the crosses with Luxilon ALU Power or Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour in the mains would provide that.

Personally I think that Prince Synthetic Gut Original would be a good place to start in a new frame at mid tension..its a great string for the price.

Nick

Steve Huff
03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
To be sure, why don't you just call them? They have a toll-free number. I've never ordered online.