PDA

View Full Version : K Factor Asian to be the last.....

Azzurri
03-12-2008, 06:34 AM
I just found out from my friend in Hong Kong (dealer) that Wilson will no longer have 2 seperate versions of the 90 and 95 in head racquets. The K90 that Wilson made in 340 grams and 320 grams will end with the K Factor line. For me and countless others this is sad news (if its true). If anything, I would have thought that Wilson would have brought the "lighter" version to our hemisphere...guess not.

samster
03-12-2008, 06:53 AM
slappano, i notice your string setup. Do the strings move a lot?

I have a US K90 strung with Klip Legend 17 (Main, 52lb) and Isospeed Professional 17 (Crosses, 52lb). I find the strings move quite a bit.

Azzurri
03-12-2008, 07:27 AM
slappano, i notice your string setup. Do the strings move a lot?

I have a US K90 strung with Klip Legend 17 (Main, 52lb) and Isospeed Professional 17 (Crosses, 52lb). I find the strings move quite a bit.

I would say not much at all. The previous AK90's I played with had my string set up for at least 6 hours each and not string movement at all.

The latest set up, the Gosen moved a tiny bit on 2 string towards the middle of the bed, but that was on one racquet. Both strung the same day, so who knows why.

Dennis Chan
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
So the next version of Tour 90 is on the horizon? But only available in US specs, correct?

BreakPoint
03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
So the next version of Tour 90 is on the horizon? But only available in US specs, correct?
Not sure if it's on the horizon just yet, but it will only be available in US specs. No more "Asian" specs in the future.

Have you seen the thread about Sampras' black racquet that he used in the Federer exo at MSG in the Pro's Racquets and Gear forum? That may be the next "Tour 90" or it may be a new one-off model not in the regular product line.

Dennis Chan
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Not sure if it's on the horizon just yet, but it will only be available in US specs. No more "Asian" specs in the future.

Have you seen the thread about Sampras' black racquet that he used in the Federer exo at MSG in the Pro's Racquets and Gear forum? That may be the next "Tour 90" or it may be a new one-off model not in the regular product line.

Thanks I don't know about that thread. I'll read that when I have time. If my AK90 is the last with Asian flavor maybe I should keep it for a longer while. :)

Azzurri
03-14-2008, 07:08 PM

yes. according to my source, there will no longer be a 320g vs a 340g version of say the K90.

satchman
03-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Darn it... means I have to go to the gym if I ever plan to use the future K90 or 95?

You could be right because I noticed the (Asian) KBlade 98 I demo'd a while back had the "L2" sticker instead of "USL2." Was the Asian spec KBlade 98 I tested the same as the US one?

304g, 6 pt HL.

BreakPoint
03-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Darn it... means I have to go to the gym if I ever plan to use the future K90 or 95?

You could be right because I noticed the (Asian) KBlade 98 I demo'd a while back had the "L2" sticker instead of "USL2." Was the Asian spec KBlade 98 I tested the same as the US one?

304g, 6 pt HL.
There was never an "Asian" version of the nBlade nor KBlade. The only regular production racquets Wilson made "Asian" versions for were the PS Tour 90, nCode 90, nCode 95, K90, and K90. All the other models were the same version in Asia and the U.S. However, in Asia, they put the "USL" stickers on them anyway although they were the same weight as the U.S. versions with the "L" stickers on them. Yes, all future Wilson racquets sold in Asia will just have the "L" stickers on them.

Azzurri
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
There was never an "Asian" version of the nBlade nor KBlade. The only regular production racquets Wilson made "Asian" versions for were the PS Tour 90, nCode 90, nCode 95, K90, and K90. All the other models were the same version in Asia and the U.S. However, in Asia, they put the "USL" stickers on them anyway although they were the same weight as the U.S. versions with the "L" stickers on them. Yes, all future Wilson racquets sold in Asia will just have the "L" stickers on them.

coorect! That also what I was told.

tennis_hand
03-16-2008, 12:49 AM
I just found out from my friend in Hong Kong (dealer) that Wilson will no longer have 2 seperate versions of the 90 and 95 in head racquets. The K90 that Wilson made in 340 grams and 320 grams will end with the K Factor line. For me and countless others this is sad news (if its true). If anything, I would have thought that Wilson would have brought the "lighter" version to our hemisphere...guess not.

I am happy that they end this practice. IMO, this is crap.

The Asian versions simply have weird balance, despite its lower weight. They are so head heavy. On the other hand, the US versions have perfect balance but are only heavier.

BreakPoint
03-16-2008, 12:52 AM
The Asian versions simply have weird balance, despite its lower weight. They are so head heavy. On the other hand, the US versions have perfect balance but are only heavier.
Hmmm....I find the Asian K90's to be more headlight than the US K90's. I wish they were more head heavy (i.e., less head light).

satchman
03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Good to know that the KBlade 98 in Asia is the same as the US one, so the reviews on TW and other sites are accurate.

From my brief demo last week, I think I'm going to change to it from my APDC. Just so much control and power for such a maneuverable frame.

So when is the TW review coming out?

Azzurri
03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
I am happy that they end this practice. IMO, this is crap.

Every Asian N90 and K90 I have ever played with (at least 8 of them) were more head light than the US models, so that is not what I experienced. The lighter version is much easier swing.

Zhou
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Slappano, I am going to be in China over the summer and wondering if I would have trouble coming back to the US with the AK90 in a carry on?

kungfusmkim
03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
lol its nothing really just add lead!

Azzurri
03-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Slappano, I am going to be in China over the summer and wondering if I would have trouble coming back to the US with the AK90 in a carry on?

You should not have any trouble, its just something you may to to disclose to customs, but I believe you are allowed to purchase a certain dollar amount w/out any fees. But there may be some problems. First, there are a lot of fakes in China. Better to buy in Hong Kong for instance. If you know someone in China, ask them to price it for you. Also, what grip size are you looking to buy. The grip size 4 is running out. Hard to get now.