PDA

View Full Version : Yonex MP Tour 5 . . . question

altawolfe
12-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Does the stringbed have an even response or does it have hot and dead spots? Would you describe it as cozy and plush or a twisty/shocky feedback machine. Power level?

Ace Rimmer
12-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Sweet spot average for a 98 sq.in. frame; string bed response average with more deadness towards the upper hoop; power level medium-low; comfort level and stability is pretty darn good compared to other Yonex frames I have played with (most being pretty stiff feeling and unstable on off-centre hits). Strengths of this racquet would be serves (due to the extra length) and volleys (due to the head-light balance).

altawolfe
12-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Sweet spot average for a 98 sq.in. frame; string bed response average with more deadness towards the upper hoop; power level medium-low; comfort level and stability is pretty darn good compared to other Yonex frames I have played with (most being pretty stiff feeling and unstable on off-centre hits). Strengths of this racquet would be serves (due to the extra length) and volleys (due to the head-light balance).

thanks!!!!!

monologuist
12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
stringbed is mostly consistent, but it does seem a little dead in the upper 10-15% of the hoop....has been problematic from time to time only on my backhand for some reason....I'm trying to remedy that with 3g. of lead at 10 and 2....

feel is quite dampened and comfortable...somehow flexy and crisp at the same time....have not had much of a problem with instability...pretty forgiving on off-center shots...

power level : pretty low (similar to Diablo MP), but higher than, say, RDX series. You can really smack the ball without it flying on you, yet it does have put-away power if you need it. You can crank flat serves.
strengths : control/placement, awesome serving, crazy spin, maneuverability

with a little lead, this racquet is one of the most overlooked, underrated out there. I guess it fits an unusual niche....a very thin-beamed, flexible player's racquet that is light to medium-weight and extended length.

altawolfe
12-31-2004, 04:06 PM
stringbed is mostly consistent, but it does seem a little dead in the upper 10-15% of the hoop....has been problematic from time to time only on my backhand for some reason....I'm trying to remedy that with 3g. of lead at 10 and 2....

feel is quite dampened and comfortable...somehow flexy and crisp at the same time....have not had much of a problem with instability...pretty forgiving on off-center shots...

power level : pretty low (similar to Diablo MP), but higher than, say, RDX series. You can really smack the ball without it flying on you, yet it does have put-away power if you need it. You can crank flat serves.
strengths : control/placement, awesome serving, crazy spin, maneuverability

with a little lead, this racquet is one of the most overlooked, underrated out there. I guess it fits an unusual niche....a very thin-beamed, flexible player's racquet that is light to medium-weight and extended length.

thanks -- very helpful!