PDA

View Full Version : APDC vs PDR

doublefault2008
03-12-2008, 07:19 AM
My current racket of choice is a pdr strung with prince syn. gut with duraflex at 54lbs. Yesterday i had a hit with my friend's apdc strung with babolat conquest. Even though the weight of the pdr is higher, the apdc felt heavier, it is also feels a lot more solid. Is there a way I can make the feel of a pdr more solid like the apdc? I'm going to try the conquest strings to see if the string is the reason.

Morrissey
03-12-2008, 07:23 AM
My current racket of choice is a pdr strung with prince syn. gut with duraflex at 54lbs. Yesterday i had a hit with my friend's apdc strung with babolat conquest. Even though the weight of the pdr is higher, the apdc felt heavier, it is also feels a lot more solid. Is there a way I can make the feel of a pdr more solid like the apdc? I'm going to try the conquest strings to see if the string is the reason.

I have 3 Aeropro Drive Cortex and 3 of the Aeropro Drive originals along with one PDR and the APDC is stiffer than the original APD, but absorbs shock better because of the Cortex. But the PDR is definitely the stiffest one there, I think it's stiffer than the Pure Drive Cortex actually. I guess to answer your question is to use full poly strings on the frame.

eric892
04-09-2008, 01:00 AM
PDR is better than APDC. Both are stiff but I just think that the PDR edge the APDC by a little bit. More stable.

Micky
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM

Hola double,

I play with the APDC and Conquest 17. A couple of coaches commented on my racquet. They said that just by holding it it feels extremely solid. I showed them that I had added three grams of lead @ 12 and they were surprised. You will be surprised how much different feels the same racquet with some lead in it.

But the issue is not how it feels. It is how it plays. I personally hate the Prince Syn Gut with Duraflex, but I don't think that is your problem. The PDR is an amazing racquet and you just have to play a little bit with the balance of it. Add two grams of lead @ 12 and feel the difference. You will be in love with your PDR for ever.