PDA

View Full Version : Strings for Yonex RDX & RDS

jatnut
03-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi All,

I bought an RDX 500HD, RDS 002 Tour and and RDX 500 mid based on the great reviews I read. However I seem to cant find the right monofil string or tension to get them to stop feeling "boardy". I have a touch of TE etc so I am staying away from ploy's and gut is a bit expensive to use at this stage when Im still tinkering with tension etc.

Thanks is advance for your help as Im about at wits end with them :cry:

adso1973
03-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi,

If you want to use a poly, I've tried P2 with my RDS001 strung at 53 and its great. Nowadays I'm using PHT in my RQsi Tour at 52 and also is great. Have no stiff feel, confortable (not as a multi) and lot of control.

If you want to go to a multi, you can try the Yonex Tfeel 850 great control confort and power combination 57.

Wish I've helped.

fuzz nation
03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd expect the RDX-500's to work rather well with a multifiber because the frames are on the soft side - a multi should give it a little more life.

I've had a pair of RDS 002 Tours and when they came to me 2nd hand, one was strung with a multi at only moderate tension and it was a slingshot for me with little control. When I replaced that string, I used a good 17 ga. synthetic gut at 62 lbs (mains)/60 lbs (crosses) and it was quite nice for me, but no need to go any tighter. It would probably even work fine with the tensions dropped by two or three lbs, but that's certainly a subjective thing for each player.

Vitaly Evchenkov
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I play w/ Yonex RDS002 Tour
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am really liking multi mains @62 lbs w/ poly crosses @60lbs

My favorites are:
1) Tecnifibre Bi-phase w/ Enduro Pro = $10
2) Babolat Powergy w/ Enduro Pro = $8
3) Gosen Micro w/ Enduro Pro = $4

There is a difference between all 3 but I am not sure
I can afford constant $10 strings in my sticks... (<--poor :oops:)
But, keeping a couple "match sticks" with a practice gosen stick
seems to be working out ok.

I used all poly before.. but probably strung it too high at 60lbs, and it played very boardy. I might go back in the summer, but with 55lbs to get a little more feel for the ball. Right now, the arm is appreciating the softer multi mains in the cold weather.

(Edit: I am finding that if I string at 58/56 w/ Gosen Micro 16 and Enduro Pro 16 it feels a lot like the more expensive multis... so I might be able to use it exclusively and save my money for beer!)

jatnut
03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. I think Im gonna buy a reel of this in 16 / 17 a fool around with it and see what happens. I just went out and hit again with them. The 002T seems to be coming along but the 500HD is just stubborn:cry:. I was looking foward to the buttery feeling but alas nada!:cry:

Ill keep tinkering :mad:

basil J
03-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I use 16 gauge vs gut in my RDS 002 tour at 60#. It is responsive with great touch and feel. Great pop on serves. A little too much pop on groundies. Next time around I will go 62#mains/59# crosses. I have also used klip kboom on the mains with gut crosses and that's a great combo as well. More spin, less feel.