PDA

View Full Version : stringing with gamma progression II

Racket-Junkie
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
when I am stringing with this machine (I'm new to stringing) I've noticed the string especially pro supex titan gets roughed up when I'm tightening. I am talking about the part being held by the drop weight. Should I be concerned about this? Also, how do I ore stretch with this stringer?

Rafanatic
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
How is the machine

Racket-Junkie
03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I love the actual machine, it holds the racket at 6 points, floating clamp, and drop weight. Very light so I can move it around and gamma gives you all the tools and strings you need to play with. Right now it takes me about 1.5 hours to do a racket, mainly because I watch tv while stringing and because I am trying to be very careful to not damage my rackets while I toy around. I have only actually played with one of my string jobs bit that didn't last long because I forgot that I had cracked that frame last spring at the throat and with every hit the crack got larger. For me the machine is worth its price to learn on since it barely cost more than if I would have gone out and bought the tools and string seperately. I still need a starting clamp though.

hyogen
03-12-2008, 01:17 PM
i have that same one.... wait. Mine is a crank... does it come in a drop weight? or is it the same thing.

all i know is it says gamma progression II on the bottom.

the clamps will rough up some strings, but mainly if they're not tight enough and it's allowing the strings to slip while tensioning the string.

so you can adjust those clamps...make sure it has a good grip

I used to take close to an hour to string myself. But nowadays it's 40 minutes at most and as little as 25-30 minutes :D

03-12-2008, 01:25 PM
There are 3 models of the Gamma progression.

Drop weight, crank, electric (YUltitle has)

Zhou
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
He said floating clamps, 6pt. mounting, and drop weight so it is the Progression II 602 with floating clamps I believe.

Racket-Junkie
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah they are the same family but mine is the cheapest model. Same red plastic base though. I will have to work on tightening my clamps better.