PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody post a video of stringing an 03 with a sharpie I don't think it works

Rafanatic
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Can somebody post a video proving this works

master_stringer_mitchy
03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
if your on about the boomerang, and cant use it, lock the turn table!

03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I believe a sharpie is a pen is US so its different to a boomerang. Look at YULitle's videos, is he one stringing an 03 and i believe he says in it that he cant get a sharpie to work

YULitle
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it doesn't work in a tour. I think it has a chance at working in an O3 Red or larger. If I had one, I'd try it. :D

mpenders
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I haven't tried it, but understand that you'd need to use the extra-fat model of sharpie - not the standard sized one.

PBODY99
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Any pen will work that matches the size of the port your are dealing with. For a Tour, you can use a smaller diameter pen body to align the string.

master_stringer_mitchy
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I believe a sharpie is a pen is US so its different to a boomerang. Look at YULitle's videos, is he one stringing an 03 and i believe he says in it that he cant get a sharpie to work

sorry, still gettin used so some of the terms you use in the states!

03-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Nah i live in Wales, i just googled it ages ago as i wasnt sure what it meant either

YULitle
03-12-2008, 01:32 PM
you guys don't use sharpie's ? what do you use when you want something written down without it smearing?

nickb
03-12-2008, 02:02 PM
you guys don't use sharpie's ? what do you use when you want something written down without it smearing?

A "permanent marker"

Nick :)

YULitle
03-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Ohk, rephrase: how do you do it without getting high? :D;)

nickb
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM

We dont...:)

Nick

him88002
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I have found a marker cap that works perfect. I think the reason it works so well with the tour is because it is not smooth and has ridges up and down on it.

_|_|_|_

like that.

btw i place it in the port.

Tim W
03-12-2008, 11:42 PM

Oh, you're not meant to sniff permanent markers?

YULitle
03-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Oh, you're not meant to sniff permanent markers?

Not while you're stringing racquets. That's how misweaves happen! :D

03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
No wonder i misweaved the other day. YULitle all your advice has washed over me and its just the permanent markers thats messed the string job up:)

aussie
03-15-2008, 05:07 AM
I often use a Sharpie (or better still, a fat, smooth pen with a cap on it) while tensioning the croses between the O ports on my O3 Red. When putting tension on the crosses between the O ports, the cross under tension moves towards the previously tensioned cross as the frame rotates slightly. To stop the cross under tension from doing this, slide the pen between the 2 crosses up against the frame. A fat pen with a cap on it to stop the pen from falling through, sits nicely between the 2 strings, keeping them apart until tenision is reached, and then clamp. Remove the pen/Sharpie and do the next cross. Works as well as a boomerang and is a lot easier and doesn't fall out of the O port as a boomerang is want to do.

Cup8489
03-15-2008, 05:35 AM
I often use a Sharpie (or better still, a fat, smooth pen with a cap on it) while tensioning the croses between the O ports on my O3 Red. When putting tension on the crosses between the O ports, the cross under tension moves towards the previously tensioned cross as the frame rotates slightly. To stop the cross under tension from doing this, slide the pen between the 2 crosses up against the frame. A fat pen with a cap on it to stop the pen from falling through, sits nicely between the 2 strings, keeping them apart until tenision is reached, and then clamp. Remove the pen/Sharpie and do the next cross. Works as well as a boomerang and is a lot easier and doesn't fall out of the O port as a boomerang is want to do.

i've never had a boomerang fall out on me? it stays in place nice and easy for me..

but yeah, i just tried a regular pen cap wrapped in tape to match the shape of the ports, and it worked like a charm. :)

aussie
03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
i've never had a boomerang fall out on me? it stays in place nice and easy for me..
Only happens sometimes...when pulling the cross through the groove of the boomerang, it sometimes pulls the boomerang out of the O port. I needed to hold the boomerang in with my free hand to prevent this. With the Sharpie/pen method, this isn't an issue.