PDA

View Full Version : Prince Syngut Duraflex vs Tecnifibre NRG2

flyer
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I currently use NRG2 as my syngut but I have heard great things about Prince's Syngut with duraflex. I want to know how they compare mostly, how are they the same, how they are different. How one plays compared to the other....durability, spin, etc any detail is welcome and appreciated!!!
Thanks...

Valjean
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
PSGD affords considerable savings, limited power, a crisp feel, better spin potential and possibly better durability depending on your game. But then it's worlds away from NRG2 too, when it comes to comfort and power. Which do you want, now that you know this much too?

nickb
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree with Valjean (for once :wink:)...Prince Syn Duraflex will feel stiffer, less powerful and you could even find it harsh. Spin potential and control are good with the prince.

Nick

flyer
03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
The Prince syngut sounds like it plays slightly like a poly?....

nickb
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
The Prince syngut sounds like it plays slightly like a poly?....

I wouldnt go that far but it is one of the stiffer syn guts.

Nick

flyer
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I wouldnt go that far but it is one of the stiffer syn guts.

Nick

Have you played with it?

nickb
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Have you played with it?

It was my main string for a year before I switched to polys...I have been using it recently again. IMO its one of the best strings out there.

Nick

tennisinoc
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I currently use NRG2 as my syngut but I have heard great things about Prince's Syngut with duraflex. I want to know how they compare mostly, how are they the same, how they are different. How one plays compared to the other....durability, spin, etc any detail is welcome and appreciated!!!
Thanks...

If you are thinking of trying Prince Synth gut, use the Original Gold color, not the Duraflex. It is softer and has better feel. Duraflex is stiffer and has less feel. Especially coming from NRG2, it won't feel as harsh. Funny thing is, I switched from Prince Synth Gut Original to NRG2 because it is just a way better string. Comfort, playability and durability. Closest to gut, but without the high price tag. X-1 is good too.

flyer
03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
If you are thinking of trying Prince Synth gut, use the Original Gold color, not the Duraflex. It is softer and has better feel. Duraflex is stiffer and has less feel. Especially coming from NRG2, it won't feel as harsh. Funny thing is, I switched from Prince Synth Gut Original to NRG2 because it is just a way better string. Comfort, playability and durability. Closest to gut, but without the high price tag. X-1 is good too.

mkk, well have you tried the prince syngut multi?

tennisinoc
03-12-2008, 03:58 PM
mkk, well have you tried the prince syngut multi?

What is "mkk"?

Yes tried Prince Multi. It was junk compared to NRG2.
Why you switching anyway? NRG2 is a great string.

flyer
03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
What is "mkk"?

Yes tried Prince Multi. It was junk compared to NRG2.
Why you switching anyway? NRG2 is a great string.

yeah i love NRG2, Ive just heard Prince's is real good and its a lot cheaper so I thought Id consider, I'll still try it out I was just wondering the differences and such....

Thanks to all

tennisinoc
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
yeah i love NRG2, Ive just heard Prince's is real good and its a lot cheaper so I thought Id consider, I'll still try it out I was just wondering the differences and such....

Thanks to all

If you have your own stringer, it is a lot cheaper in the long run. But if you don't, you will be breaking them faster and paying to restring them more often.
That adds up $$$$! I was breaking PSGO Gold every 2 weeks where NRG2 never broke. I cut them out before that happened.

Why not get the best of both worlds? Hybrid NRG2 mains / PSGO crosses!

Cup8489
03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
If you have your own stringer, it is a lot cheaper in the long run. But if you don't, you will be breaking them faster and paying to restring them more often.
That adds up $$$$! I was breaking PSGO Gold every 2 weeks where NRG2 never broke. I cut them out before that happened.

Why not get the best of both worlds? Hybrid NRG2 mains / PSGO crosses!

agreed. that's your best bet. but if you do string your frames, you might as well give all the aforementioned strings a go. personally, i prefer the crispness of duraflex to the softness of original. which is odd, because my favorite Multifilament is definitely Premier.

Blade0324
03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I have used both of these strings and have to say that I really like the NRG2 better. With that said I have been using pro supex spiral flex in my hybrids and find it to be better than either one.