PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed by Luxilon Big Banger ALU 16L

Double Fault
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Tried this today in my RDX 500 MP at 57/55 lbs and it felt like an ordinary string. Nothing really special about it. I thought there were going to be serious differences, for the good or the bad, but it was more of a "bleh" string.

On the other hand, I liked Big Banger Original in my RDS 001 MP. Lots of control. Even though I was not overwhelmed, I felt comfortable with it.

Still waiting for my new sets of Head Ultra Tour to arrive to confirm if this string is as awesome as I felt it when it came in a used strung RDX500 I bought from another TW member.

vndesu
03-12-2008, 11:50 PM
no offense but i strongly disagree

when comparing
pht 17 and 16g
to alu power and rough the alus had the better advantage.

even though alot of ppl use alot of different strings and everyones has their own "ideal strings"
but after trying so many poly based strings my top 3 are the alus and pro red codes.

weaver
03-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hope you like Head ultra tour... I love the string and everyone who has tried it, that i know of, have liked it as well...

Double Fault
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Hope you like Head ultra tour... I love the string and everyone who has tried it, that i know of, have liked it as well...

I hope so too. We'll see when the string arrives :)

Double Fault
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
no offense but i strongly disagree

when comparing
pht 17 and 16g
to alu power and rough the alus had the better advantage.

even though alot of ppl use alot of different strings and everyones has their own "ideal strings"
but after trying so many poly based strings my top 3 are the alus and pro red codes.

It is obviously a personal choice. I just think that it wasn't anything spectacular as I thought it would be.

saram
03-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I was not impressed with any of the Luxilon strings I have tried, either. I guess that considering the hype of the strings in the last few years--I expected amazing things as well. I found that they lost tension nearly as quickly as other poly strings. I still hit with poly on occasion--but don't spend the money on BB.

CAM178
03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Was this a full Lux stringjob? If so, there's your answer. You should try a hybrid. Only then will you realize the advantages of Lux ALU.

SlapShot
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
I've tried a lot of polys (but don't regularly play with them) and I found Alu Rough 16L at a lower tension (52-53#) with a syn gut cross is actually a really sweet feeling string bed.

nickb
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Full ALU Power is amazing....if it were cheaper I would never use anything else..

ssjkyle31
03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I tried ALU power and enduro pro hybrid with PSGD. I thought the Alu power felt dead after 3-4 hours when compared to the enduro pro 17g.

ericsson
03-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Full ALU Power is amazing....if it were cheaper I would never use anything else..

I agree, but they are overpriced for the time being.

Double Fault
03-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, I might take back a little of what I said. It is growing on me. It still isn't my top pick, but it definitely climbed a couple of positions after today, even though I lost the game =P