PDA

View Full Version : The first time considering string and tension

wimbledon3
03-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Hi, everyone!
I'm going to buy a Wilson K Blade Team racket, however, I'm not sure about string and tension which I need to select when I order it here. There're a lot of strings to choose. Could you recommend string and tension for me as a 3.5 baseline player. In addition, is the bag, Babolat NEW Pro Player 6 Pack, too big for two rackets, two pair of shoes and some clothes? Do I have to go for the bag, Babolat NEW Pro Player 3 Pack?
Many thanks.

YULitle
03-13-2008, 06:29 AM
6-pack is just right for what you've got. 3-pack might be too small.

Spatula
03-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Just a thought, but if your buying a Wilson racquet, TW is offering a special sale on the complimenting Wilson bags. I think it's $20 off. Really good deal. Check out the Wilson racquet page, it's at the top.

saram
03-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Middle of the recommended tension is always a good starting and reference point. Depending on what strings you have used in the past--a good multi or synthetic is also a good starting point if you are not already addicted to poly's.

robkat
03-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Middle of the recommended tension is always a good starting and reference point. Depending on what strings you have used in the past--a good multi or synthetic is also a good starting point if you are not already addicted to poly's.

I agree staring at the mid point of the recommended tension is a good starting point. after that you can adjust either as required. I also agree with sarams' statement about polys as well

wimbledon3
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for all reply. What about Wilson Stamina 16 which is for free?