PDA

View Full Version : Ever tried mixing port inserts?

master_stringer_mitchy
03-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey guys. Im using the speedport blacks and like both string hole inserts for te feel and the port inserts for power! Basically, I want the feel thats in the middle! Have you ever mixed the insert for this, maybe ports in the sides and holes in the top? Also I use poly strings, but have liked champs choice in past rackets, any recomendations? I like the feel on volleys with the hole inserts, just to pingy, but the ports are too dead! Hope you can help!

dsmercado
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey guys. Im using the speedport blacks and like both string hole inserts for te feel and the port inserts for power! Basically, I want the feel thats in the middle! Have you ever mixed the insert for this, maybe ports in the sides and holes in the top? Also I use poly strings, but have liked champs choice in past rackets, any recomendations? I like the feel on volleys with the hole inserts, just to pingy, but the ports are too dead! Hope you can help!

It's an interesting question. I have an 03 Black as well. I have the string hole inserts. I tried hitting with the ports but the feeling was too muted. I figure I'd rather have better feel and more control. I keep my tension on the low side and use a hybrid - Lux ALU Power Spin and Wilson NXT Tour 18. Maybe if you experiment with the strings that will give you a similar power that the ports give you?

FYI, my previous racquet was a Hybrid Shark which had 03 ports at 6 and 12 o'clock only with a conventional hole system for the rest of the racquet. I liked the feel with that but now with the 03 Black I like string holes all around. Granted I haven't mixed and matched.

master_stringer_mitchy
03-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I feel what ur saying. I have used a mix of alu power and nxt before as a cover for alu and gut, how does the alu spin play? With that string set up, do u feel like some of the pinkyness noice goes but still loads of feel? thanks