PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Toalson and Pro's Pro Strings...

nickb
03-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Over the past week me and some of my customers have been playing around with some of the cheap Pro's Pro and Toalson strings...

I have to say they are not too bad...

Pro's Pro Hex Spin:

Nice soft co-poly thats plays similar to SPPP hextreme...good spin, excellent control and holds tension pretty well.

Pro's Pro Topspin:

Textured synthetic gut that looks the same as prince topspin...good spin, nice feel and pretty durable for a syn gut. I really liked this string...

Pros Pro Hitec Multifiber:

I have not used this yet but have been told its a good soft string for tennis elbow with decent feel.

Toalson Tour Pro:

A basic nylon that club players seem to like...its durable and does everything pretty well.

Toalson Synthetic Gut Ultrasoft:

Looks like PSGD..have not played with it yet but feels like it will play softer and less harsh..

Toalson TOA Gold:

A classic syn gut...really nice playing string IMO...bit like Gosen OG Micro..does everything pretty well. Again a nice string for people who dont care about strings and just want something playable that will last.

Have not seen many posts around here about these too brands...alot of the stuff they sell is complete trash but there are a few strings that play very well for a good price!

Nick

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5939/toalsonnw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jazar
03-14-2008, 03:12 AM
aren't pro's pro strings similar to their stringing machines and the rackets they used to make: just cheaper rip offs of other brands products?

nickb
03-14-2008, 03:17 AM
aren't pro's pro strings similar to their stringing machines and the rackets they used to make: just cheaper rip offs of other brands products?

Sure you could call them that...I dont care if they are rip offs as the prices are very very low and for customers that just want something cheap that is playable they are great.

The 200m reel of hex poly is £20...remember that in the UK everything is double the price..

At least they are not like Gamma making more expensive rip offs!

Nick

Double Fault
03-14-2008, 03:35 AM
The only Toalson string I tried was Synthetic Control 127 (ex Ichiban) on an APDC+ and it was absolutely horrendous. Never even tried anything else by Toalson since then.

PBODY99
03-14-2008, 12:46 PM
TOA was a OMG for many of the major string companies. I stocked the "GOLD" for years as a basic snygut.

Leonidas
11-27-2009, 12:19 AM
rip offs? lol. I currently use pro“s pro red devil and i have to say is pretty similar to Luxilon alu power which im using in my other stick. Maybe red devil won“t hold tension that well, but i bought the red devil for 30 bucks whereas Luxilon is about 300 bucks. Luxilon and those companies selling good strings get huge profits for them , those are the actual rip offs, and i dont care what you say about cheap brands, that“s my opinion. My red devil is better value by far man

Ash_Smith
11-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Nick

I've just started using Toalson Asterisk as an affordable syn gut for my customers (on the recommendation of my supplier) and for around £45 a reel I don't think there's a better string for the money.

glpsace
11-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Please just try their best string: Pro“s Pro Cyber Power

After you have tried this poly, you will have the impression of playing with Luxilon, but with just a little less power. For the price this string is unbeatable! But do not take my word for it. Search this string. Go to stringers forum and search in the string review. Also check the coments of users who voted the string. I backup almost everything is said there.

MrdeBos
03-16-2010, 05:12 AM
When I just started stringing myself, a trainer suggested the Pro's Pro strings to me, because they are indeed very cheap and durable (I only use poly myself).

Since then I have used Pro's Pro Hexaspin for most of my clients, and recently added Pro's Pro Synthetic for the people that don't like to play with poly.

All I ever heard were positive comments. Ok, these players aren't high level tournament players but your average club player. Still those are the ones most stringers tring for I guess.

Because I play with huge amounts of spin, I use the cheapest poly Pro's Pro sells, and I have to say I like it. Plays very well the first week or so, then after that it goes dead, but is still playable IMO.

Compared to 'real' brand strings, Pro's Pro is the most value for money I have seen anywhere, with 200m reels for 20Euro, where Luxilon costs around 200Euro.

Even if you're a serious tournament player, you have to think wether Luxilon is really 10x better then a cheaper string...

dekko1
03-17-2010, 12:37 AM
I am a big fan of Toalson strings.
I have been using Cyberblade Thermaxe, which for me was the closest thing to Alu Power.
At least here in Europe they have a really good line of strings, I have heard that they make Gamma strings, and all Gamma does is repackage and brand it. If you check their Japanese site you'll see some Gamma strings there (TNT, Biologic which is Livewire).

http://www.toalson.co.jp/ENGLISH/a1_rencon125.html

Xenakis
03-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Tried Toalson Rencon 1.25 which was ok but not great. Toalson Asterisk 1.30 which I am demoing currently which seems ok actually, very easy to string, erm, which is nice.

Tried that cheap Pro's Pro multi too which was ok but nothing to write home about, good for the price I suppose.

BigT
03-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Please just try their best string: Pro“s Pro Cyber Power

After you have tried this poly, you will have the impression of playing with Luxilon, but with just a little less power. For the price this string is unbeatable! But do not take my word for it. Search this string. Go to stringers forum and search in the string review. Also check the coments of users who voted the string. I backup almost everything is said there.

Since then I have used Pro's Pro Hexaspin for most of my clients, and recently added Pro's Pro Synthetic for the people that don't like to play with poly.

All I ever heard were positive comments. Ok, these players aren't high level tournament players but your average club player. Still those are the ones most stringers tring for I guess.

Because I play with huge amounts of spin, I use the cheapest poly Pro's Pro sells, and I have to say I like it. Plays very well the first week or so, then after that it goes dead, but is still playable IMO.

Compared to 'real' brand strings, Pro's Pro is the most value for money I have seen anywhere, with 200m reels for 20Euro, where Luxilon costs around 200Euro.

Even if you're a serious tournament player, you have to think wether Luxilon is really 10x better then a cheaper string...

Lots of my customers like thinner gauges. Which gauges of these strings did you get?