PDA

View Full Version : Good string for POG OS?

bluetrain4
03-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I hit with my POG OS tonight for the first time in a long time. I was sick of the small head and boardy feel of my Diablo mid.

I was blown away, it was everything that I expected and more. Power, spin, and much easier to generate good depth. It was strung with 16g PSG w/ Duraflex, which felt pretty good.

But, I wanted a string that reigned in the power just a tad. Obviously poly would be something I could consider, but I'm hesitant. Maybe a hyrbrid.

I know, I could also just string tighter. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate recommedations.

ccelis
03-14-2008, 05:38 AM
I hit with my POG OS tonight for the first time in a long time. I was sick of the small head and boardy feel of my Diablo mid.

I was blown away, it was everything that I expected and more. Power, spin, and much easier to generate good depth. It was strung with 16g PSG w/ Duraflex, which felt pretty good.

But, I wanted a string that reigned in the power just a tad. Obviously poly would be something I could consider, but I'm hesitant. Maybe a hyrbrid.

I know, I could also just string tighter. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate recommedations.

Hi Bluetrain,
In my POG's I have found good luck withthe following:

Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16g at 65-67lb's.

Yonex Tournament 80 Spin 65 lb's (This string is a really sleeper, great control and durability even in a POG OS)

Head Rip Control 16 g at 66 lb's

Gamma Syn Gut 16 g at 66lb's