PDA

View Full Version : White colored Pro Hurricane?

cyberg
03-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I bought a couple of used Babolat Pure Storms some months ago and the strings on one of them are labeled "Pro Hurricane" (maybe also "Tour" but I can't remember, will check later theis evening) and they are white, not blue (and not yellow llike the Tour). I have never seen these white ones and I wonder if anyone of you know what it is? They don't really feel like poly strings, but rather like some kind of synthetic gut...

YULitle
03-14-2008, 08:07 AM
The white ones are part of the full packs. I've only seen the blue in the half packs. :D The yellow is the tour.

cyberg
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
The white ones are part of the full packs. I've only seen the blue in the half packs. :D The yellow is the tour.

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks! I have bought 2 sets of hybrids with the blue Hurricanes as mains so I just assumed that all Hurricanes were blue :oops: I must say that I really like those strings! The racquet I have that is strung with those is strung alot tighter than I have strung my other racquets. Since the recommendation for polys are 10% less than regular, I have perceived the poly-string-jobs I have done as "sloppy" or spongy which I don't really like. The racquet I have with the white Hurricanes is strung alot tighter, so I will try that with some other polys as well to see what it's like.

Tim W
03-15-2008, 12:04 AM
At the pro shop where I string we have white Hurricane. The Hurricane Tour strings are yellow.

jamauss
03-15-2008, 12:11 AM
you can buy reels of the white pro hurricane also.