PDA

View Full Version : Prince

schaefferm46
12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
I have been reading a ton of posts about prince, I relized that besides for the pog prince hasnt done anything eles it all sucks. They have no good shoes. Only one good string which is the syn gut, If you look at wilson they have alot of GREAT racquets pretty good strings and moderate cloths and shoes.
head is similar to wilson. Babolat is great too bad they have not came out with a real good players frame. They have great strings and if you have seen there cloths there pretty awsome. but all around prince sucks

andorky
12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
prince is not bad. maybe you hate them cause you've had bad experiences with them but you shouldn't say they suck.

schaefferm46
12-31-2004, 03:28 PM
I had three pairs of the quicktracks that broke in in 3 weeks

ollinger
12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
I've had many pair of the NFS line from Prince shoes and they've lasted quite a long time....try them. Also, try to learn the differences among their, there, and they're.
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

BreakPoint
12-31-2004, 05:58 PM
I agree that the Prince NFS shoes are very good. Very high quality (especially compared to Nike) and very comfortable. The PSG strings are OK. The only Prince racquets I like are the POG, NXG, and More Control (DB800). I agree that the rest are pretty much worthless.

David Pavlich
12-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Hmmmm....the best selling shoe in the shop is the lady's Scream. Lotsa' players out there using TT Graphites, TT Warriors, TT Screams, TT Bandits, NXGs, TT Rebels, Diablos, DB800s, Stealths, etc, etc, etc and are very happy with them. We all know what the little saying is about opinions...

David

Kirko
12-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Prince is bleak, but so are the rest . They introduce so many "break-thru" frames only to wind up in the "bargain ****-out" rack. ,Example the Prince "experimental" they reavealed it thru an ey dropper on their website. They only make one frame that is worth considering the POG. Head is no different the Prestige Pro the one that TW brought to us . They hit the right formula then ditch it. I am an engineer also in the cell tele. I wish I had the flexability th fail like those guys who come up with that "half-hearted" designs they do.

K. Wilson Moose
12-31-2004, 06:16 PM
The Warrior Mid is a very nice frame. So was the Precision Response Ti and its predecessor, the Prince Precision Response 660.

I still play with the Prince Synergy DB 24 MP, a great frame. Before that, the CTS Approach 90 may have been the best widebody frame ever made. Damn, I miss that one.

Oh, and the original Changs were under appreciated as baseline and service machines.

BreakPoint
12-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh, and the original Changs were under appreciated as baseline and service machines.
Well, couldn't have been too under appreciated as the original Chang LB was the best selling racquet on the market worldwide for several years.

K. Wilson Moose
12-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Good call Breakpoint http://www.gojackets.com/new/emoticons/clap.gif, and with that info, they certainly haven't sucked since the POG.

battousai555
12-31-2004, 07:15 PM
I am currently using the TT Warrior MP and its a pretty good volleying racket, and isn't the Diablo Mid any good?

dAgEnIuS
12-31-2004, 07:48 PM
I agree that the Prince NFS shoes are very good. Very high quality (especially compared to Nike) and very comfortable. The PSG strings are OK. The only Prince racquets I like are the POG, NXG, and Pure Control. I agree that the rest are pretty much worthless.

what ELSE those Prince make?!?!

skuludo
12-31-2004, 09:44 PM
How is the Prince Force 3 Savana Ti racket?

HeavyBall
01-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Prince and Head have been on the decline for years from a racket "technology quality" standpoint while throwing seemingly everything but the kitchen sink at consumers, while Wilson has been maintaining or increasing market share by making simple rackets that perform.

Wilson's only possible gimmick is the material they've used lately, Hypercarbon and NCode, which may or may not be legit.

BTW, a particular racket's popularity at the local club speaks nothing of quality. I've worked at tennis clubs. People would play with a pink and yellow baseball bat if they saw their favorite pro using it.

bismark
01-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Prince's Triple Threat weighting seems to work well. But the More technology is total crap!

monologuist
01-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Prince racquets that I've owned or played at some point that are not crap...in fact are all excellent :
Shark MP
Diablo MP
TT Warrior OS
Precision Response Titanium
Michael Chang Grpahite
Michael Chang Titanium
CTS Synergy DB 26
Graphtech DB 90

Alley Cat
01-01-2005, 03:10 PM
I would definitely include Wilson in the "kitchen sink" mentality. (I think the Tour 90 and 95 came and went in about 10 months.!) Rollers to HyperCarbon to Nano, etc. IMHO Wilson is no better than the other companies and worse than quite a few.

thejackal
01-01-2005, 03:29 PM
To me, Head and Wilson are a bit better than Prince since they mostly upgrade their rackets with new technology rather than starting over every year or two. Other than the POG/POG II/TT Graphite/NXG series almost nothing else in the Prince line has survived for more than 2 years. Granted Wilson has had a crapload of models come and go but at least the favorites are still around.

Vince
01-01-2005, 03:40 PM
i dunno. Many peoplle seem to deem the nCode technology a gimmick. Just something to get the rackets selling. Not sure though.

christo
01-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I think all this marketing stuff is pure rubbish, whether it be ncode or liquid metal or whatever else it's all b.s.If you keep old tennis magazines look at the gimmicks that the companies roll out every year that are now ancient history, it's impossible not to crack up at some of the crap these companies have given us over the years, each one being guaranteed to lift your game to incredible levels. The ones I like the best are when they use their own engineers to tell you with great sincerity what a quantum leap forward this latest technology is and then a year later they s**tcan it without a trace.
Hucksterism is one of America's most endearing traits and it certainly works in tennis, autos, politics and religion etc.

mverdugo
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I am also not a big Prince fan--their racquets I have tried are ok but nothing special. The POG is ok if you can swing a big racquet and tt warior is nice if you can get beyond the thick beam. As far as I am concerned their shoes are a joke--I tried 3 different pairs of shoes (and not the ones for $30 at Sports Authority) and while they are comfortable they score very poor as far as durability. I didn't have 1 pair that lasted 6 weeks. I can't comment in depth on racquets but if you are looking for shoes, I swear by Adidas Barricade II--they have lasted me more than twice as long as other shoes I have worn and I've tried them all. Then again this is only my opinion--there are obviously others that swear by prince.

AndrewD
01-02-2005, 01:54 AM
I think that Prince did put out some wonderful racquets (I'm emphasising the word 'did'). The Magnesium Pro was a brilliant racquet for serve-volley, the Graphite Pro was a top all-around racquet, as was the Spectrum. All of those frames I'd happily go back to using and wouldn't feel short changed at all.

Never had the chance to play with the POG although I am going to be giving one a try-out in the hopes I like and can play with it. Partly because of all I've heard about it and partly because Im tired of liking a racquet and having it discontinued after only 1 or 2 seasons.

Never really liked Prince since the advent of 'wide-body' technology and would agree that Head and Wilson have overtaken them. Of the two I'd put Wilson out front , mainly because they seem to still be happy to make 'traditional' style frames that are affordable, something I can't say about Head.

Perhaps Prince, with the POG, is like Rossignol (with the F200) or Dunlop (old 200G). They got it 'right' straight out of the blocks and everything else has just been business not innovation.

Ronaldo
01-02-2005, 06:26 AM
All of the Precision series were great racquets but that was ten years ago. IMHO, the success of the PD changed the products these companies sell now. But, every time we call it a sport, they call it a business; everytime we call it a business, they call it a sport.

ollinger
01-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Other than graphite, the two most important innovations in tennis racquets in the last 30 years would likely be larger heads and comfort technologies. Prince obviously pioneered the former, and if memory serves me well, the double bridge may have been the first racquet technology really geared toward improved comfort.
________
Vaporizer Revies (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

bismark
01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Prince also pioneered the extra long racquets, 28" (the Prince Michael Chang) back in 1996. That started the extra long fad (28" or more) which lasted a couple of years. Manufacturers subsequently cut the length to 27.5" when they realized 28" is quite unwieldy.

JoostT
01-02-2005, 10:40 AM
All of the Precision series were great racquets but that was ten years ago.

The precision responce 660 was still available about 6 years ago...

Ronaldo
01-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Joost, they are all available if you are patient. Still have a Precision Graphite 700 OS, Precision Boron 780, Ti. Response, and Response 660. Seems there are Wilson lovers and Prince lovers, the two never seem to meet.

JoostT
01-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Joost, they are all available if you are patient. Still have a Precision Graphite 700 OS, Precision Boron 780, Ti. Response, and Response 660. Seems there are Wilson lovers and Prince lovers, the two never seem to meet.
I mean I bought it in a store as a then current racquet.

Slaz
01-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Prince doesn't suck at all !!!

I have 2 Diablo MP, my brother has 2 POG OS and my girlfriend has a synergy db 24 and a shark.

All these sticks play absolutly well !

Ronaldo
01-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Joost, you mean the Rafter racquet?

raftermania
01-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey, don't be hating prince!

Like someone said, it's all about opinion. I *personally* love Prince, but I still give great respect to the other mainstream brands.

Any racquet brand that was brandished by a former/current world #1 is enough reason to realize there are other great brands too. In this respect, you can't really say that "cult" racquets like the Bosworth, Weed, Slazenger (oops), etc. are "The Best," but they are still okay.

But if somebody needs something to do on a friday night, they can count back the century plus of tennis and list off what racquet brand the year-end #1 used. (My guess is Wilson, but who knows? Maybe Prince???? yah right :) ).

And no!!! Just b/c the current world #1 uses Wilson doesn't mean Wilson is currently the #1 racquet in the world! We all know that Prince and it's TT Warrior OS holds that title :P

Bonne Annee!

JoostT
01-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Joost, you mean the Rafter racquet?

Yes, that is the one.

MChong
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, personally, I love Prince racquets, and they've been my racquets for quite awhile. I try to stay away from more of those "technological breakthroughs" and all that mumbo jumbo. I do feel that the Triple Threat weighting system did work out pretty well though. Oh, and I currently play the Diablo Mid, which, tot he best of my knowledge, doesn't feature as much of the technological rubbish as some other racquets a la nanotechnology, liquidmetal, etc.

ontherise17
01-04-2005, 11:40 AM
i LOVE my prince diable mid! dont diss a company if u didnt like a few of their products and dont hype wilson up that much...as if they havent had crappy sticks!!