PDA

View Full Version : Prostaff original 6.0 95

Phantom
12-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Hey, I'd like to just give a big welcome to everyone from australia, lol. now down to business. Had my first hit with my new PS 6.0 95 yesterday, and it is fantastic. After i hit 4 balls, i knew that i will never use another. the only problem is that the leather grip is a bit hard, but i will get around to changing that later, any suggestions? i know that many of you with PS 6.0 85 put lead tape on at 2 and 10, should i do this also with the 95? i can't rave enough about this racquet, it is fantastic.

BreakPoint
12-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Have you tried using an overgrip on top of the leather grip? That's what I do and it softens up the feel a little. I actually like the solid feel of the leather underneath though.

Enjoy your new PS 6.0 95. I know I do. :D

Happy New Year and as they say in Oz, "Good on you!" ;)

ej
01-01-2005, 02:40 PM
gamma 9.5 . . . God's answer to people who wanted a more solid 6.0 95

jings
01-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Would second the overgrip ... as I also prefer the solid leather feel. Mr Sampras used the Wilson Air grips quite successfully under his tournagrip in later years, so you could consider that if you want something softer. On lead, I suggest you play around yourself to see if anything works. People add at 2 and 10 to raise the sweet spot a little, although I've always hit lower in the bed with the 6.0 95 so never had that trouble. I used lead at 3 and 9 for a while which helped on serve for a bit ... lead in the Y for a while too ... but after just played the frame stock, and for many years. Enjoy it.