PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum

skuludo
12-31-2004, 09:46 PM
How does an aluminum racket play compared to a graphite racket?

Also are there any good aluminum rackets to try as a suggestion?

Kirko
12-31-2004, 11:02 PM
Alu. plays great ! I don't think they will ever make a players racket out of it again sad to say.

ismashall
01-01-2005, 01:46 AM
What's great about aluminum is that after you Safinize your racquet, you can take it to the local recycling center and get some change back.

b.
01-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Those that I tryed differed from each other greatly. If I have to generalize, I liked more those made of "H" aluminium profile bent in racquet shape, than those made of "oval tube" profile.

Some of them were flexy, not pingy... Quite OK

joe sch
01-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Aluminum and metal rackets give alot more power than woods but much less control than woods and graphites. I dont like feeling all the vibration from each hit and it you are off center, these rackets are the most punishing. They offered a great power advantage when they were introduced at the end of the woodie era but were quickly forgotten when the graphites arrived. Its truely amazing how long Connors was able to compete using his T2000's, which were steel and were even less forgiving than aluminum frames. I personally would not want anything but natural gut on any metallic racket for serious playing.

skuludo
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I believe a Chinese company called Qingli (I think that was the name) still makes aluminum rackets. No idea how they play though.

ismashall
04-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I think Chinese people can play tennis just as good as you and I skuludo. Why perpetuate such stereotypes?

python
04-06-2005, 06:57 AM
I have one loaded up with lead tape that I keep in my bag as a loaner. It plays surprisingly well for such a cheap racquet. Like Joe observed, mishits do not feel good (and they have absolutely no power to them, unlike with some graphite racquets), but control and spin is very good. The one I have is a Head Standard. It's about 102 inches big and 27 inches long. I bought it for around $15.

JoostT
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Most small raquets for children are aluminum...

skuludo
07-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Thats not what I meant ismalshall. Compared to other major brands being sold at TW, I don't see any tweener type aluminum rackets. I just wanted to know how Qingli's aluminum plays. Any model is fine.

yip kok kuin
07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I think aluminium is just too flexy for control. I still have a Prince Pro which I think is difficul to play hard. I took my son aluminium out and tap it with my hand and another of graphite (also kid's racket) and notice immediately how flexible the metal one is compared with the graphite one.