PDA

View Full Version : Prince grip size system messed up?

SpetsnazOp
12-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi. I have 2 thunderclouds. I am trying to determine my proper grip size. One fits me perfectly, the other is slightly large. One says 4, the other says 5. The size 5 is a "Shock Eraser" grip, the 4 is normal. Now I am worried because my S2 which clearly says 4 5/8 (thus far too large) is bigger than the size 5 prince. All I want to know is the size of the smaller thundercloud so I know what to get when shopping for my warrior or whatever I get. So is the prince size 4 really a size 4, or something else?

SocalTennis
01-01-2005, 12:01 PM
A prince size 4 is equivalent to size 3 in most other racquet brands. With that said, I still like the way prince grip feel in my hand, I just have to buy them one size up.

dunlo
09-23-2005, 10:53 PM
****!!
I did not know that and bought the actual size!!!!
Now i play with 2 over grips;happier with the extra weight anyway:)
Feels softer now.

POGO
09-23-2005, 11:27 PM
A prince size 4 is equivalent to size 3 in most other racquet brands. With that said, I still like the way prince grip feel in my hand, I just have to buy them one size up.
I guess it depends on the racket. On the POG, the grip feels larger, could be the more square shape handle of the pog. A size 4 on the pog feels like a size 5.

When ordering the newer pog versions, it is best to order one size smaller than your usual grip size.

The older POG grip were true to size and the grip was more rectangular compared to the newer pog.

dunlo
09-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Anniversary model is definiteliy smaller.

Netgame
01-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I guess it depends on the racket. On the POG, the grip feels larger, could be the more square shape handle of the pog. A size 4 on the pog feels like a size 5.

When ordering the newer pog versions, it is best to order one size smaller than your usual grip size.

The older POG grip were true to size and the grip was more rectangular compared to the newer pog.
Also, a leather grip will feel larger because it doesn't compress like most other grips.