PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid

Coria
12-31-2004, 10:51 PM
I haven't had a chance to demo this one but it's on the way. It looks like a wonderful stick. I like the swingweight and the 18 mm beam.

How does this one compare to the Tour 10 MP? How does the fiberglass/carbon play? Thanks.

Coria
01-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Anybody?--thanks!!

NoBadMojo
01-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Coria you asked me to respond to this in another thread. I like the T10VEMid on everything but service returns and almost made a switch to these. It is easier to swing fast than the T10MP and you can take big cuts at the ball without worry that the ball is going to fly on you. the fun factor is high on this one. The sweetspot is much smaller though..small enough that i couldnt find the sweetspot enough on service returns. i'm a 5.5 and play only on the dirt, and any little bad bounce on the clay was causing me a mis-hit and then i would hit a nothing ball that my opponent could gobble up..i dont have this prob at all w. the t10mp. feelwise, the fiberglass makes this frame really flexy...except the v-engine seems to stiffen the frame up in that area..i'm not a fan of the v-engine. as far as the t10mp Gen2 goes, i think that's gonna be a keeper..it has a lower swingweight than the T10mp and will have a traditional volkl feel and has fiberglass in the layup..i'm lkg frwd to taking the gen2's out for a spin. hope this helps...you're turning into a benjamin trainee here on us coria :) ....pull the trigger and pick a frame and stick with it is my advise

Dedans Penthouse
01-01-2005, 05:16 PM
The Tour 10 MP (GENERATION II), is an intriging stick. The Tour 10 MP was a good stick, but as a C10 Pro (w/"lead-tape") devotee, I love the "sloppy/floppy" feel of a heavy racquet that can plow through the ball and the T10 MP was just a tad too firm in the head (could serve the daylights out with that frame though...).

What I'm curious about is the mix of Carbon and Fiberglass. Fiberglass is something I haven't felt since the Puma Becker Supers (50/50 graphite/glass), and though I know the V-Engines have fiberglass in them, that "V" thang in the throat nevertheless seems to stiffen (tinny-fied) the feel. NoBadMojo: I've only seen the specs of the Generation II on the International/English Volkl site and it sounds like it's geared toward the C10 in terms of "soft/flex" feel, however, they do not have the RDC "flex" ratings, etc.. Do you know when this racquet is expected to hit the U.S.? Thx.

NoBadMojo
01-01-2005, 05:53 PM
dedans how dare you post about things tennis..that is so unlike you.:) i posted complete Gen2 specs before, but since you've been nice to me (lately) here are complete specs..Feb1st availability.
<snip>
Head Size: .................................................. ...98 in2 (630 cm2)
Cross Section: ................................................20 mm.
Length: .................................................. ........27 (68.5 cm.)
Weight (Unstrung): .......................................11.5 oz. (325 grams)
Weight (Strung): ...........................................12.0 oz. (340 grams)
Balance (Unstrung): ......................................1.1 inches Head Light (31.5 cm)
Balance (Strung): ..........................................0.7 inches Head Light (32.5 cm)
Swing Weight (Unstrung): ............................290 kgcm2
Swing Weight (Strung): ................................315 kgcm2
Flex (Unstrung): ............................................60 RA
Flex (Strung): ................................................58 RA
Grip Sizes: .................................................. ...4 1/8 4 3/4 (sizes 1-6)
Grip Type (replacement band): .....................Pro Gear Grip
Comfort Handle Technology: .......................Sensor Tour Handle System
Frame Construction:..................................... ..Carbon, Graphite, Fiberglass
.................................................. ......................Features Pure Fiber Technology
Frame Type .................................................. ..Precise Frame
String Pattern: ................................................16 X 19 Dynamic Power Control Pattern
Recommended String Tension:......................55 lbs. + / - 5 lbs. (25 kp + / - 2 kp)
Ideal for 4.5 to 7.0 players
<end snip>