PDA

View Full Version : Your Racquet Bag of Choice?

TripleB
01-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Just for the sake of curiousity, what is your racquet bag of choice when heading off to the courts?

TripleB

tennisboy87
01-01-2005, 09:43 AM
A tournament pro bag.

court_zone
01-01-2005, 09:46 AM
3 pack bag, for now that's the perfect size to fit all my things, the others are too big.

rich s
01-01-2005, 11:39 AM
The Volkl 6 pack bags are pretty cool in that the two main pockets are different sizes.

You can carry 2-3 frames in the small side and a bunch of support equipment in the larger side OR you can carry 4-5 frames in the larger side and use the smaller side for your support equipment.

@wright
01-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I've got the Volkl 6-pack too, it has been a great bag.

Prostaffer
01-01-2005, 12:55 PM
wilson team tour bag. with thermoguard. i used to have a nike one, but when you get sweet ones like this for free...hey. i can't wait to do another playtest, hopefully i can weasel me some of those cool white ncode team bags....those are sweet.

el_mago
01-01-2005, 01:05 PM
i just ordered the prince pro team competitor 3 pack, it seems like it will a great bag

spinbalz
01-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Benjamin, I will wait that you demo all the existing tennis bags, and post a review of them on the TW message board, then I'll buy based on your opinions of which one is the best, the only thing that frightens me is that if I buy a new one each time that you will change your mind, it will finally be very costly for me, to finally switch back and end up with my good old trusty Völkl 8-12 racquet bag. Just kidding.

StringBreaker
01-01-2005, 01:11 PM
White ncode super six. Holds a pair of nSix-One tours, some size 12 tennis shoes, towel, sweatbands, tennis elbow clamp, 4-pack tube of new balls, a pouch stuffed with about 30 older balls, and a bottle of water.

Cuzza
01-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Volkl V-Engine 9-racquet bag. Red colour.

I had the 6, but the backpack strap came off, so i got the 9-racquet bag for additional space (mostly for clothing and drink bags) and maybe some intimidation...

TripleB
02-10-2005, 03:47 AM
For those of you who carry the 8-12 racquet bags...do you ever find that they are too cumbersome to carry to the courts?

TripleB

StringBreaker
02-10-2005, 04:58 AM
For those of you who carry the 8-12 racquet bags...do you ever find that they are too cumbersome to carry to the courts?

TripleB

Nope. Backstraps are your friend.

gmlasam
02-10-2005, 05:35 AM

TripleB
No. I use my 9 pack prince as a gym bag also. I put my 6 POG, tennis items.. etc..,and my change of clothes. I go to the gym every morning, workout, shower, go to work, then play tennis after work. So everything I need for the day is in my tennis bag and its perfect.

nextNalbandian
02-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Volkl Tour 9 pack. But I have to use the 9. Cuz I get them essentially free I can't complain.

Mies
02-10-2005, 06:05 AM
6-bag. I usually carry 2-3 rackets to a match so that's one compartiment. In the other I have the usual stuff: a few cans of balls, food, on-court drinks, cap for the sunnier days , a couple o overgrips, some leadtape and possibly a towel and a clean shirt.

ferrari_827
02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
If I had to get a new one, it would the the Yonex 3-pack performance (black/red) which is very cool-looking. However, I like to keep my rackets in their individual covers and my balls, towel, etc. in a separate bag.

gmlasam
02-10-2005, 06:50 AM
If I had to get a new one, it would the the Yonex 3-pack performance (black/red) which is very cool-looking. However, I like to keep my rackets in their individual covers and my balls, towel, etc. in a separate bag.
Dosen't that take up a lot of room?

ferrari_827
02-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Not really. I only bring two rackets when I play tennis, a very small bag for balls and a towel, that's it.

Rabbit
02-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Welcome back my friends...
To the show that never ends...
We're so glad you could attend....
Come inside, come inside...

I've got the Volkl red 9-pack. I like it, although I wish it had a better solution for the wet pocket.

Pushmaster
02-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Almost anything other than the red Wilson 6-pack, they are way to common. I've been using a Prince 6-pack in burgundy.

gmlasam
02-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Welcome back my friends...
To the show that never ends...
We're so glad you could attend....
Come inside, come inside...

I've got the Volkl red 9-pack. I like it, although I wish it had a better solution for the wet pocket.
Hmmmm...those lyrics from a Styx song?

gmlasam
02-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Almost anything other than the red Wilson 6-pack, they are way to common. I've been using a Prince 6-pack in burgundy.
That's a pretty rare color for a Prince bag.

Pushmaster
02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
[/b]
That's a pretty rare color for a Prince bag.
Yeah, I bought it a few years back because I figured I wouldn't bump into anyone else on the courts with one like it. I guess like everything else these days it was discontinued after a year. I still get compliments on it all the time, very sharp looking bag.

Ronaldo
02-10-2005, 08:06 AM
6 pk Gelabag, larger than most 6 pks

Kaptain Karl
02-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I use the Yonnie six with shoulder strap option. I got tired of the 3-pack. There was always *something* which did not fit in the bag. I can get all my gear, including extra shirts, etc. (even shoes) in it just fine.

Anything bigger than a six looks like you're going on a campout; not playing tennis.

- KK

ChrisNC
02-10-2005, 08:13 AM
I use the Yonnie six with shoulder strap option. I got tired of the 3-pack.
- KK
Which Yonex 6-pack are you using? There's 4 of them, and hard to really tell the difference: Tournament, Pro, Pro 2400 & Performance Team.

Thanks. I am looking at them myself.

Noelle
02-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I bought it a few years back because I figured I wouldn't bump into anyone else on the courts with one like it. I guess like everything else these days it was discontinued after a year. I still get compliments on it all the time, very sharp looking bag.

A burgundy colored Prince bag. Like this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/noelledeg/force_300_bag_front.jpg

I use the 3-pack version. :)

gmlasam
02-10-2005, 08:31 AM

Nice!! Is that only available in Asia or Europe?

Noelle
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Nice!! Is that only available in Asia or Europe?

I bought it from a duty-free store near our international airport for $20. From my research it's the Prince Force 300 bag (discontinued). It was also available in blue.

tennisnj
02-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I use the Volkl Tour 9 pack, & on occasion I use a Volkl Tournament rectangular bag. Gotta love the backpack straps on the 9 pack though. Also it helps that I'm getting the bags for next to nothing. Can anyone shed some light on the new Volkl V-Engine 9 packs? Can you compare/contrast it to the Tour 9 pack? Thank you!

monologuist
02-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Wilson Tour 4 6 Pack ...The Super 6 pack IS a little cumbersome for the courts, as would be anything in the 9+ racquet bag range. The Wilsons are the best made bags it seems, by far. And they're the only ones with "Thermoguard" : special insulation and silver foil lined interior that protects your racquets from both cold and heat (and water I think)

Kaptain Karl
02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Which Yonex 6-pack are you using? There's 4 of them, and hard to really tell the difference....Near as I can tell, it's the Pro 2400. I *hate* that so many mfr's use numerals as model names. I have trouble remembering my own phone numbers, much less which #### my model is.

I just checked three tennis gear sites. The Yonex bags are "just a bit different" from what I got mid-summer '04. It's *crazy* how fast they keep changing stuff. But by the pics and the descriptions of the various compartments ... the 2400 is mine.

- KK

jayserinos99
02-10-2005, 10:23 AM
i used the babolat 12 pack(?) before; nice bag. now i went to the volkl 2004 9pack bag b/c i might as well match since i had to buy a couple more t10ve mids.

andfor
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Yonex blue 8-12 racquet bag, 2000 model I think. The new ones look only a lttle different. I carry 3 sticks and everything else you could need on a tennis court in it.

BreakPoint
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmmm...those lyrics from a Styx song?

No, it's Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. From the song "Karn Evil 9". Second Impression, I believe. Perhaps you're not old enough to remember?

BreakPoint
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
BTW, where are everyone getting their Volkl Tour racquet bags for essentially free? I had to pay big bucks for my yellow Volkl Tour 6-pack bag. :(

Pushmaster
02-10-2005, 12:26 PM

No, mine is different, more like a darker brownish burgundy. Although colors can look alot different on pics as they do in real life. Also, mine just has the traditional "Prince" logo, not the multiple "P" thing going. It's still nice looking though.

lendl lives
02-10-2005, 12:51 PM
one thing i don't like about the babolat bag is that its hard to put in and take the raquets out. the bag or zipper is not long enough. (the one a-rod has)

AndrewD
02-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Ive got an old (was bought new in about 1988-89) Prince 4 pack. Not sure what model it is but its a light blue with a light green zip and a little metal Prince logo for the zip pulley. Thought it looked pretty darn cool back then LOL and still looks pretty good today, although a little beaten up. Has large teeth on the zipper which gives it extra strength so its probably one reason why the bag has lasted so long. Also have, somewhere, one of the very, very old Prince 2 racquet thermo bags -very nice and stylish.

Dont really like the look of the current Prince bags. They're too shapeless, like some great lump of a gunny sack.

tennisnj
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I am a member of Team Volkl's Teaching Pro Program , so I get things at a discounted price already, plus, the "Volkl official dealer" that I get my products from cuts the price even further for me b/c he knows me & I bring him a ton of business. I'm not sure how everyone else gets their Volkl bags cheap. I just wait until the last possible minute to send in my paperwork yearly to them b/c I hate getting the new stuff if it's not worth it.