PDA

View Full Version : Not switching but....

Venetian
01-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Ok so I currently use hps 6.1. I've been using it for about 2+ years and I'm not looking to switch any time soon. However, I am thinking about picking up a used PS 6.0 85 and a PS 6.1 Classic. I haven't ever hit with either of these frames but given that they're classics I just want to have them. What I was wondering was, how will each of these frames compare to my current HPS 6.1? Does the 6.1 Classic play pretty much the same as the HPS 6.1? And will I lose a lot off of my ground game with the 6.0? BTW I'm a 4.0 and I'm short so I don't serve that fast, instead I rely on spin on the serve. That may factor in too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys! :)

HeavyBall
01-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Considering that you are shorter and don't serve big and rely on spin on your serves, the 6.0 85 will almost definitely hurt you in those departments. Few rackets are better than the HPS 6.1 on all-around serving.

That being said, I would still get at least 1 6.0 85. I play my best tennis with the HPS 6.1, but use the 6.0 85 because it is so fun to hit with. It gives you the control of an 18X20 without the limitations on spin.

The 6.1 classic, as great as it is/was, isn't an improvement over the HPS, at least not enough to switch to.