beam width - 22-25mm
strung with - gosen microsheep II syn gut 24.7 kg
pattern - 16x19

my question to everyone is about the Yonex Rd Ti 70 Long oversize model
headsize - 108
weight - 11.7
beam - 20mm
pattern - 18x19

the headsize instantly turns me away from playing the sticks but the 1 plus ounce it has over the babolat plus and the narrower beam may help give me more control

is there anything i should know about this specific yonex frame... should i make the switch ? i could find those frames about 40 a piece and well i think they are worth an honest try...

i play sectional zone advancement tournaments in SW TX... and have a solid net game

the head light balance points on both the racquets help me in that aspect...

i appreciate your responces!

mike

drak
01-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I have switched recently to the Pro kennex 15G PSE (not the new Ki). Very nice blend of control and power with 105 head size - racket does everything well with very good topspin potential and very comfortable for a 68 stiffness rating. My previous favorite has been the Yonex 1500 and MP-2i - this racket is somewhat similar with a little less power and more control - you can probably look around and get them cheap or Demo the new Ki 15 PSE.
BTW I wanted to lighten the frame a bit, -by taking off the leather grip the frame now weighs 11.2 oz and is 1/2 inch (4 pts) head light - I really like the way it plays at that set up..

Drak

Brent Pederson
01-01-2005, 08:49 AM
ti70 98 long is a really nice frame, but very different from your pd. Your pd is very stiff, this one is very flexy. Still, at $40, it's definitely worth a try out. At worst, you can resell it to me if you don't like it for the same price!

Great feel, control, more power than your average thin beam frame, and one of the best serving racquets out there!

Oh, and what a great paint job!

mikejsb876
01-01-2005, 12:07 PM
i believe i wouldnt have a problem moving into a frame with as small as a 90 sq inch head size but the 108 on this model really suggests less control... the frames look really nice and well im getting skeptical also now im learning how those yonex frames arnt as stiff.... would someone explain how much of an effect this may play on my game moving from a stiff frame ... to well i guess a less stiff

the yonex frame has got a rating of 59 stiffness and the pd is 70

the swingweight for the yonex is 315 and the babolat is 332

the balance on the yonex is 11 points headlight and the babolat is 6 headlight

would someone be willing to explain what exactly all these factors will do to my game... i am a serve and volleyier so i believe the balance point wont be that difficult to adjust into... although moving 5 points is alot..

thanks again!

Also: what will the denser 18x19 pattern... do better or worse that my babolat 16x19 pattern...

my guess is that control will be added with the denser pattern..

thanks to all

Stormwolf
01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
You will definitely not LOOSE any control from a PD+, all other things (strings, tension, etc.) being equal. Control and PD go together like bread and horse manure.

mikejsb876
01-01-2005, 04:02 PM
lol i agree it is a 100% power racquet.... but im rather un convinced that i should try the yonex frames..... does anyone think otherwise?

mikejsb876
01-01-2005, 06:28 PM
bump...id appreciate anyone who can further assist me

D. Nelson
01-02-2005, 04:56 AM
The Yonex '108' head-size is MUCH different than the '98' size.... I agree with everybody else about the PD+ 'control' issues....but the Yonex '108' just seemed a little unwieldly to me....and it kind of 'got in my way' at net...esPECIALLY during multiple-hit volleys and trying to cover HARD passing shots..... BUT....the '98' is a MUCH different story...which is WHY you DON'T find those for $40. --- at least, not very often !!!!